Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in Folk Rock Horslips style??

Options
  • 01-08-2011 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I'm putting together a cover's band doing trad rock / folk rock - PA & Lighting, Drummer, Bass & Vocalist (with guitar) sorted.

I'm looking for banjo/flute/mandolin/fiddle/accordion player who is interested in playing trad rock - Horslips style - Vocals or additional instrument an added bonus.

Based around Fermanagh/Monaghan/Louth/Meath/Armagh Area - Practice will be in Louth.

This is for serious gigging - With the view to gigging every week end and a lot of travelling - Will be aiming at the wedding area of it also so commitment is paramount.

Please don't reply if you are only looking for a few months or if you are not prepared to travel long distances to do weddings or have absolutely no intention of putting work into this as Iv been in this game long enough to know how it works - I will be running the diary and you have to be available.

It will be a lot of rehersals to get a set up and running and from then on it will be rehearsals every month or so - so you must be fit to busk also - If interested PM me - This will be a 5/6 piece band depending - there is most definitely a market for this at the moment.

Some of the intended bands -

Acdc, Waterboys, Dubliner's, Horlsips, Beatles, Creedence Clearwater Rev, Thin Lizzy, The stunning, Elvis, Cranberries, Pogues, Dropkick Murphys, U2, Boom town rats, The Pale, Aslan, Crowded House, Undertones - AS WELL AS TRADITIONAL JIGS & SONGS ETC.

Comments

Advertisement