Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee in Bray

Options
  • 29-07-2011 6:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what people think about the options available for coffee in Bray are. Do you have a favourite place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Cianos wrote: »
    I'm just wondering what people think about the options available for coffee in Bray are. Do you have a favourite place?

There's lots of options

LizAnnes Main St
    Finbees Main St X2 + Seafront +Killarney Road
    Coffee and Treats Quinsboro Rd
    Molloys Quinsboro Rd
    Gusto Italiano Quinsboro Rd
    Munch Main St
    Mermaid - off main street
    Graham O Sullivan - Main St
    Mama Mia - Parnell Road
    The Boat House - Seafront
    Moccachinos in Superquinn SC
    Name I cant think of - opposite oxfam Quinsboro Rd

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Some of the above are more "caffs" where coffee isn't the main product. The cafe in the Mermaid is actually called The Betelnut Cafe. I like Gusto Italiano.

There's also a brand new coffeehouse at the top of the Albert Walk near the Dart station called Oli's Coffeehouse. It has organic coffee supplied by McCabes in Newtownmountkennedy, free wifi, and outdoor seating. (full disclosure-- I have a direct interest in the place).

http://www.facebook.com/oliscoffeehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Possum66

Gusto would be my first choice. Or the Sapori Campo de Fiori on Albert Avenue. Service is a bit slow but the coffee and the food is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Possum66

Some of the above are more "caffs" where coffee isn't the main product. The cafe in the Mermaid is actually called The Betelnut Cafe. I like Gusto Italiano.

There's also a brand new coffeehouse at the top of the Albert Walk near the Dart station called Oli's Coffeehouse. It has organic coffee supplied by McCabes in Newtownmountkennedy, free wifi, and outdoor seating. (full disclosure-- I have a direct interest in the place).

Hm, lovely, we are going to check you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

The place looks great, best of luck with it. The reason I posted the thread was because I feel there is a strong need for a really nice place to go to in Bray, especially one that is aimed more towards young people.

Somewhere with good wifi, comfortable seating, great coffee and well-made food.

Most of the places in Bray are quite substandard imo, except for the Italian place beside Dunnes which seems to be quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Cianos wrote: »
    The place looks great, best of luck with it. The reason I posted the thread was because I feel there is a strong need for a really nice place to go to in Bray, especially one that is aimed more towards young people.

Somewhere with good wifi, comfortable seating, great coffee and well-made food.

Most of the places in Bray are quite substandard imo, except for the Italian place beside Dunnes which seems to be quite good.

Unfortunately I agree, not a huge range of choice of coffee shops that serve good quality produce, a lot of the paninis/salads in some of the establishments seem to be prepacked produce that could be bought at a petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

I can only speak for our place but I agree with both of you about what's needed. We want to serve the whole community but one of us at Oli's is only 23 so there is a natural instinct to make something handy for young people. We also try to stay away from pre-packaged and pre-made stuff (even though some customers appreciate having something they can get fast for takeaways) and have a lot of independent producers supplying us so we don't end up with the same menu as everywhere else. Hopefully we can keep to that!

We also try to get organic wherever possible (approx 80% of menu) and have plenty of veggie and vegan options. We're not on any mission though. We have ham sammiches too and our chocolate bar milkshakes aren't organic!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

for takeaway i love nothing better than finnbee opposite the O2 shop...to sit down for a bit to eat, difficult not a great choice, the place beside dunnes is ok and has good deals, but id head for the seafront to one of the pubs (katies, martello etc) and have a bite down there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Possum66 wrote: »
    Gusto would be my first choice. Or the Sapori Campo de Fiori on Albert Avenue. Service is a bit slow but the coffee and the food is great.

Plus one on the above, like both, and gusto OS now even biggee!

I love Oli's on the Albert Walk. Favourite place, followed by the italian place beside Dunnes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I love Oli's on the Albert Walk.

I second that. Was there for the first time Sunday gone and i was very impressed. Staff are very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

definitely oli's on albert walk.

finnbee's does awful awful coffee, always a heap of grounds left at the bottom of the cup.

Advertisement