Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's official - beer is a healthier alternative. To vodka.

• 26-07-2011 8:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

The good people of Russia had, up until now, rightly classed beer as a food:
    Until now anything containing less than 10% alcohol in Russia has been considered a foodstuff.

And it was marketed it not just as a foodstuff, but as a healthy alternative foodstuff:
    Although vodka has long been the traditional tipple in Russia, beer has soared in popularity, being marketed as a healthier alternative to spirits.

However, the big, bad bureaucracy that is the Russian government has stepped in and created
    ..a bill that officially classifies beer as alcoholic.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure this changes much.

So there you have it - beer is a foodstuff and is a healthier alternative. Enjoy it as part of your daily diet.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14232970

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

:)

I think we should all strive to include beer as part of our diet. Maybe we should start a "Five-a-day" movement?

Hell, drink Cider and its like two birds with one stone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

:) "Five-a-day" movement?

Ha, five-a-day, movement, I see what you did there.
    Hell, drink Cider and its like two birds with one stone!

So you got your vitamin C and, erm, water?

Is it more of an alcohol pyramid, rather than five a day. I mean, why limit yourself to five a day?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Is it more of an alcohol pyramid, rather than five a day. I mean, why limit yourself to five a day?

Well to make a proper pyramid you'll need a minimum of 6, otherwise the pyramid would be unstable. Personally I'd add another layer to bring it up to 10, which is a nice round number.

Advertisement