Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying of 2nd Hand Clothes in Wicklow Town

Options
  • 18-07-2011 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

My mother is under the impression that there is a place on the Murrough that buys 2nd hand clothes. According to her they pay you by the weight of clothes you bring. I cant find it online. Has anyone either used this service/shop before or heard anything about it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Trix

its just before the recycling centre, across from the enterprise centre. haven't used it myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

They usually pay very low amounts of cash for fairly decent weights of clothes. Unless you want to give away all your clothes for a fiver, consider the SVP charity shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

We have done this up in Lucan. You only get 50c for a kilo,(a bin liner full=approx E3/3.50) so it's better to offload the 'no good' clothes this way (you can give the decent stuff to the charity shops/friends/family). We put in things like old work clothes and wrecked kids stuff that we wouldn't want to pass on to anyone. They recycle them etc, as opposed to re-selling them as wearables as far as I know.

Whatever you do, don't leave old clothes etc out for these so called 'charities' (they are not registered charities atall if you read the labels) that collect door to door. Best to take to the real charity shops.

Advertisement