Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Abbey Wharf North Mall

• 16-07-2011 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I am going to UCC next year and currently looking for an accommodation.
    I saw that Abbey Wharf North Mall is quite cheap (3300€ for the year).

Does anyone have already been there ? How is it ? Do you think it is a good place to live ?

Thank you.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Some friends of mine lived there for a few years.

It was good enough. Seemed pretty clean although the showers were a bit yugh. But nice showers are gonna be hard to find. There was no problems with the appliances and anything that broke was replaced very quickly.

The landlord seemed to be nice enough, was just kinda strict on people staying over. Not that that stopped anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 laurita56

Hi, thank you for your answer.

I didn't understand what you mean when you say "the showers were a bit yugh. But nice showers are gonna be hard to find".
    I am French and don't find translation for "yugh".

Do you think that it is a good value for money ? or is it better to find a house to share ?

Thanks a lot !

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

I've heard mixed reports about it. Mostly average. For what they charge the standard should be better I think. Do try and find a house if you can. Try the UCC accommodation site or ring the accommodation office maybe? best of luck anyway. The good rooms/houses/apartments are out there.. you just need to be willing to look for them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 laurita56

Ok, I think that's what I'm gonna do. Thank you for your answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

yugh = not very nice.

Hope you enjoy Cork. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 S.Mol

I stayed there for the last 2 years. I stayed in the North Mall Abbey Wharf and the North Abbey st. one. The two buildings are right beside each other one to the front and the other to the back. Both complexes were fine although the North Abbey street one is much nicer although a bit more expensive. In both these complexes I made amazing friends. In fact last year in North Abbey street there was 3 Spanish Erasmus students and 2 French students. So it seems the place is popular enough with visiting students. The location is very central to the city center however it does take 15 mins walk to get to UCC which can sometimes be a bit of a pain. The area itself isnt the safest area in Cork although thankfully I havent had any problems. The Abbey Wharf North Abbey st.has 6 ensuite rooms one in every apartment while the North Mall complex has none but has 2 bathrooms per apt of 4 which is fine really. The caretaker is nice enough but due to his strong Cork accent even I found him hard to understand. Hope this helped a little. I'm sure you will love Cork. :)

Advertisement