Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sleepy Sleepy Dreamy Dreamy Night Night *C&H Dreams thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Sounds like something from the plot of a Christopher Pike book! Except that child was a vampire... >_>

Those books actually look quite interesting, I've never heard of Christopher Pike before. I actually thought it was like Elva from The Inheritance Cycle, except less creepy.

I just remembered I was also walking around with her in the football field at my old primary school.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Did anyone ever have dreams that last a long time? I had a dream a few nights ago that seemed to last months...I definitely jumped forward a few hours in them a few times but it seemed to last forever, I was absolutely wrecked when I woke up! 'Twas wierd!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

wayhey wrote: »
    Did anyone ever have dreams that last a long time? I had a dream a few nights ago that seemed to last months...I definitely jumped forward a few hours in them a few times but it seemed to last forever, I was absolutely wrecked when I woke up! 'Twas wierd!

My longest was about a day...

Few months though, that's a very long time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

I've had a few that must've lasted a year...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Davidius wrote: »
    These will haunt you until you finish college. After that you'll spend the rest of your life haunted by college dreams.

students.png

My re-reading of Deathly Hallows for the first time in about 3 years has resulted in a few Harry Potter related dreams. Maybe I'll get to find out what my patronus is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I dreamt the other night I was doing pills in Winterfell.

Analyse that. PLEASE!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

My re-reading of Deathly Hallows for the first time in about 3 years has resulted in a few Harry Potter related dreams. Maybe I'll get to find out what my patronus is.

I'm the exact same. In the past week I can remember 3 I've had, 2 being last night.

In one of them I got giant pac man and skull and cross bones tattoo on my arm and said they were the start of a Harry Potter sleeve.

In another I was on the run from Voldemort.

I forget what the other was but I remember it being epic and really annoyed that my alarm went off and woke me up, I even tried to go back to sleep to continue the dream. I'm so disappointed I can't remember what it was :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I remember having zombies chase me and I grabbed a rainbow and turned them all into flowers

Yeah :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I had a patronus dream as well. I was in the room of requirement with DA when Harry thought them how to do it. I forget what my patronus was. An owl maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Last night I had a dream/nightmare that I was in a coma for 7 years. When I woke up (in my dream) everyone else was different and weird. Then we went to my local pub and the really nice bar woman played only music that was out 7 years ago so I wouldn't feel so left out. It was really weird, and it seemed so real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Last night I had the weirdest bunch of dreams.

Firstly Jesus was getting crushed by a big machine. And there was this eyeball monster...except it wasn't round, but tall and tin and I mistook its eyelid for the hood of its jumper:confused:
    Later on then I was in a torture museum and there was blood and guts everywhere, it was quite scary! As I walked out of the museum an old couple offered to buy some sparkly wrapping paper for me.

I think I'm going insane

Last night I dreamed I was at an EU conference. I was really far from the stage but Barosso was talking and I layer got to shake hands with George Papandraeo (Greek PM)
    Awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

everyone has such cool dreams on here XD

I had my first boards related dream last night... I fear that I have become addicted...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

i'm a little jealous of you all.I rarely dream, it's hard to describe but you can tell when you wake up after a dream,even if the details fade and I rarely get that reaction.
    Can anyone analyse the absence of dreams? Eh,there's a challenge

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

i'm a little jealous of you all.I rarely dream, it's hard to describe but you can tell when you wake up after a dream,even if the details fade and I rarely get that reaction.

It'd most likely that you have been dreaming, but that you've been doing so in periods sufficiently long enough before waking that you haven't been able to remember the dreams themselves.

So last night I dreamt that I met up with some friends outside the cinema and we walked around town, before going in to a forest (where the Gaelscoil should be >_<) and swinging across ledges with ropes. I also had the blindness trauma where everything got very dark and everyone disappeared. I also smashed my face into a tree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

When ya wake up really try to think about what you dreamt! Works for me! :P And don't go to bed really tired either! You now owe me money for every dream you have! :D

Last night I dreamt I was eating a yogurt... Nothing else happened in the dream other that I ate the yogurt! :confused: :cool:

So.. last night was interesting
    I remember being in a dense medium sized city. A tsunami hit it then. Three hundred thousand people died :( I was at the top floor of a building tho :D i was then walking around the coast of the city which was full of puddles from the tsunami.
    Then I was going along rooftops with a ginger girl (the nice ginger like), i think we were sniping or something.
    Then we and a few other people started talking to a power station, and I got the worlds industry to commit to fix their wrongdoings.

hmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I had a dream a while back that I was stuck in a house with a bunch of zombies. Probably would have been scary but I've been playing a lot of FPS's lately...so I had shotgun. Bit uneventful really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I won two Oscars in my dream last night. One for best supporting actor and one for best original song. They were for my all-singing, all-dancing performance in a Chinese-language musical about AIDS. My inability to sing, act or speak Chinese evidently weren't obstacles to my success.

I was also nominated a year later (which passed by in dream time) for best original song in the Japanese-language sequel but I woke up before finding out if I won that one or not. :( Two of my friends from college were nominated for that award too, so I wasn't too confident about it.

I have very strange dreams sometimes.....

My second ever so slightly boards related dream :o
    I was back at my school (which is built all weird in my dreams), and I was talking to Noel who was worried about his LC results. He told me he didnt even finish his art project! FFS Noel.
    I also dreamed i was in an abandoned little castlette, which was built weird (with a covered middle open area. It did however have glazed windows in one side. The other side was full of water. As I came out there was a model modeling on the grass outside, along with a few other related people. I was then told by mother that I was moving to another school because my school didnt do a good TY

I had a dream last night that I was in an arm-pit modelling competition. Naturally I won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that I was in an arm-pit modelling competition. Naturally I won.

Arm-pits or GTFO tbh.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Arm-pits or GTFO tbh.

armpit+tattoo.jpg

Lads. Last night I dreamt that I was in China. 12 hour flight but I fell asleep quicky (unfortunately, I promised to myself I wouldn't on the return flight, even if it was at night). I then competed in a competition with some friends in like a big play pen place. hmm. Then I was allowed Leave.
    I walled around till I got to a large street. We went into a large shopping center, and when we got to a balcony I mentioned that the street looked awfully like Patricks Street, but he didn't agree. I then went up escalator where some stupid white kids bashed into me. They asked me where I was from and I mumbled Ireland which they thought was great.
    Then I bemoaned the quality of a video on my phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I had a dream last night that my dad found my boards account, and was looking through all my posts, and I was desperately trying to delete them before he read them...
    hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Last night I dreamt that I was in med school with Cole from the new Scrubs. Somehow in the dream I got a concussion and when I woke up we were in a forest and a massive bear was chasing us. I hid behind a tree and survived. Not sure what happened to Cole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I had my day ruined by a dream I had this afternoon. I was walking about town and found myself approaching a dead end so rather than do an embarrassing U-turn I just head into a shop. I immediately notice several Freddo ice creams, which until then I didn't know existed. I'm now giddy with excitement (or creaming myself, geddit? lollll) since I love the bars. I deem taking two to be slightly gluttonous so I grab one and find a rather ominous thought enter my mind: "this better not be a damn dream". Since I'm still in the dowdy shop I figure it can't be one, which only elevates my excitement, so I rush over to one of the tills and hand my precious ice cream to the girl.

During my wait I get tapped on the shoulder by some big bald guy; seems I skipped the queue in my haste and he's not too pleased. Too late to amend my mistake I make a feeble apology and plan to give him the change I get from my purchase. I yank the remaining few coins from my pockets, a total of one euro and 40 cent, only to hear the girl announce the extortionate price: THREE EURO AND FORTY-FIVE CENT. I'm flabbergasted/disgusted/outraged/devastated. Must have slammed my fist down on the counter in frustration for I awake to the sound of my fist hitting the mattress and my dream literally shattered.

tl;dr dreams are fucking shite. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Just another horrible LC results related dream.

That is all.

:o

Advertisement