Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Somali Conflict Part II... July 30th

• 08-07-2011 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

260273_158755017529556_100001851767432_374682_3274240_n.jpg
    Date: Saturday 30th July
    Prices: 25euro (no rentals)
    Time: Sign in from 9.30am
    Game on: 11.30
    Endex: 18.00

All players are expected to read and understand the rules for this event thoroughly.

Background:
    Rival clans Hizbul-Islam and Al-Shabaab clashed around the Lower Jubba region of Southern Somalia over control of resources in the area earlier this year. The escalation of violence prompted the United Nations to enter the region from Kenya to protect the civilian population from being caught in the crossfire and to provide aid to the poverty stricken region. UN forces delivered aid convoys containing food and medical supplies but were still attacked on numerous occasions by both clans. A U.N. spokesperson has stated that the mission in Somalia although not an easy task, is an achievable one.

Factions:
    Hizbul Islam
    Al-Shabaab
    United Nations
    Mercenaries

Further info on story line, ammo limits, medic protocol, game rules and factions found HERE

Certain objectives will become available depending on how the conflict plays out and on the decisions of battle commanders.

Any questions feel free to contact us via
    facebook or email us at
    airsoft@bellurganpark.ie

If you are interested let us know what faction you would prefer to be on, bear in mind you may be transferred to another faction on the day depending on numbers.

Best regards,
    Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Jimbobak47

Some video from our Somali Conflict Part 1 game. We were supposed to have a LARP player do all the media reporting but he couldnt make it... our mate jumped in last minute and he is a character to say the least... enjoy :)

http://youtu.be/D--0-MMI1Zw

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭stevie4568

i think ill try and make it down for this, who will the civies be? can people sign up to play as them?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Stick me +1 down for the merc's please :)

PS: Where'd you's get the blue berets?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Borderlands

No problem man. We got the berets off ebay.

The UN side is now fully booked up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I already said it on facebook, you can stick me down for the mercs. :)

• Advertisement

hey ill be up for this which side needs more people cuse ill go for either side:)

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭box27

Have 4 for either Hizbul Islam or Al-Shabbab, no preference just looking to end up on the same faction

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Looking forward to this a great deal. Not long now :D

stevie4568 wrote: »
    i think ill try and make it down for this, who will the civies be? can people sign up to play as them?

We have people from part I playing similar roles and a few new ones, we are looking for anyone who might have their own idea for a civilian character to contact us.
    There are a few places for bandits who are armed civilians with just pistols and are there to make money like everyone else, by stealing and causing trouble or helping factions out its up to them, this role can also be done unarmed there will be opportunity's within the game to purchase weapons such as knifes and single shot pistols.
    Have 4 for either Hizbul Islam or Al-Shabbab, no preference just looking to end up on the same faction

No problem we will keep you guys together, it will depend on numbers on the day as to what side you guys are on.

any questions just shout

Thanks
    Paul

Will there be BB's/ Gas for sale on site?

Charging facilities for batteries?

• Advertisement

We don't sell gas but do have BB's, at the moment we have Bio Excels 3000 .2g for €14
    We also have a few chargers on site as well but bear in mind our safezone is a trek away from the gaming area so bring charged batteries and spares if you have them.

Jimbobak47 wrote: »
    We don't sell gas but do have BB's, at the moment we have Bio Excels 3000 .2g for €14
    We also have a few chargers on site as well but bear in mind our safezone is a trek away from the gaming area so bring charged batteries and spares if you have them.

Cools :)

hey would anybody be able to give me a lift from the lucna/ dublin area?:) tough for me to get out there to be honest:S

weather forecast is looking decent.

I've also printed off & laminated a few maps to share with any poorly prepped mercs ;)

whats the craic with faction radio channels. Is it being left up to each faction to pick their own, or will they be designated on the day?

cheers.

KonFusion wrote: »
    weather forecast is looking decent.

I've also printed off a few maps to share with any poorly prepped mercs ;)

whats the craic with faction radio channels. Is it being left up to each faction to pick their own, or will they be designated on the day?

cheers.

I will be one of those poor mercs :p

Would also like to know about the radio situation :)

swiftblade wrote: »
    I will be one of those poor mercs

I hope not. I'll be selling them for a gold bar a piece :pac: ;)

I hope not. I'll be selling them for a gold bar a piece :pac: ;)

Wonder how many mercs we got?

Merc's are full up afaik. (so 10)

Merc's are full up afaik. (so 10)

Should be good craic so :)

Having a bit of trouble finding a baseball cap. Thought I had loads but upon actually checking just now...most of them dont fit :P

Only 2 fit and they are bright orange and say "Fiat" across the front :o

Will try and pick one up tomorrow, but if someone could bring a spare, I would be ever so grateful!

(or you could bend the rules and let me wear a cowboy hat :pac:)

• Advertisement

Having a bit of trouble finding a baseball cap. Thought I had loads but upon actually checking just now...most of them dont fit :P

Only 2 fit and they are bright orange and say "Fiat" across the front :o

Will try and pick one up tomorrow, but if someone could bring a spare, I would be ever so grateful!

(or you could bend the rules and let me wear a cowboy hat :pac:)

Got one myself today in Dunnes for €3. You could check there :)

Great (and tiring) day's gaming today! :D

Good to see command radio's being issued for the commanders. I thought they helped the flow of the game a great deal!

Just a little bit of feedback:

Some players on different teams were wearing mixed headgear (as in some guys supposed to be wearing bush hats were wearing baseball caps etc) and also some players were wearing no headgear at all when they should have been. Made it awfully confusing (and a bit annoying) at times.

Thanks to all involved at the site. You're doing a great job. :)

Great (and tiring) day's gaming today! :D

Good to see command radio's being issued for the commanders. I thought they helped the flow of the game a great deal!

Just a little bit of feedback:

Some players on different teams were wearing mixed headgear (as in some guys supposed to be wearing bush hats were wearing baseball caps etc) and also some players were wearing no headgear at all when they should have been. Made it awfully confusing (and a bit annoying) at times.

Thanks to all involved at the site. You're doing a great job. :)

+1 Great day. :)

i agree with the above, excellent mashalling excellent players, excellent site will definaltley be coming back again, but only for events, i dont have it in me to get up every weekend at half 5:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭facemelter

Great day ! will definitely be back for more ! :D did have some problems with headgear the colour differences of black and grey though made for some problems when trying to tell who was shooting who , kept hearing about lads shooting people they weren't supposed to :p:p but was all part of the game I suppose !!! cant wait for the next one !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Waryaa

you have got to be F****** kidding me, LMAO it looks hilarious though.

Advertisement