Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Quality Arklow

Options
  • 03-07-2011 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys,
    im wondering who do i contact regarding the quality of water in arklow.
    i noticed last night the jug i had in the fridge had a brown sediment at the bottom and tasted very metallic.
    the jug was spotless so it definitely wasnt that

thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The county council.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

was there anything moving in the jug? Thats' what Fernhill water was like growing up, brown if it rained and wriggling creatured most days. complained to a neighbout on teh town council but never any satisfaction.

Drill yer own well if you've an issue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

was there anything moving in the jug? Thats' what Fernhill water was like growing up, brown if it rained and wriggling creatured most days. complained to a neighbout on teh town council but never any satisfaction.

Drill yer own well if you've an issue!

...creatures in your water? That's serious, I hope to lawd that doesn't still happen. If it does, someone should get a petition going to fix it, as well as the makeshift bridge that seems to now be a permanent solution, crumbling Vale and Emoclew roads, lack of a sewerage system, and the dilapidated, litter strewn harbour.

Of course, nothing will actually be done, as the county council seems to prioritise every other town in the county over Arklow, and we'll be told (once again) that they're "over budget" after installing purty new roads in Wicklow town and Greystones.

Slipped off topic a bit there, but the coco don't seem to want to improve anything for us unless they're forced to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

...creatures in your water? That's serious, I hope to lawd that doesn't still happen. If it does, someone should get a petition going to fix it, as well as the makeshift bridge that seems to now be a permanent solution, crumbling Vale and Emoclew roads, lack of a sewerage system, and the dilapidated, litter strewn harbour.

Of course, nothing will actually be done, as the county council seems to prioritise every other town in the county over Arklow, and we'll be told (once again) that they're "over budget" after installing purty new roads in Wicklow town and Greystones.

Slipped off topic a bit there, but the coco don't seem to want to improve anything for us unless they're forced to.

have 2 agree
    arklow is in a shocking state , only people who give a **** about its appearance are the tidy towns - always out doing grass - getting rid of graffiti and the like
    the council should approach various paint company's and property owners with a scheme to improve the look of the town , win win for all involved
    because the main st is uber depressing ,
    the empty shops should be cleaned , painted then the window space used for street traders for good display , i have heard of another town whos property owners who had empty property gave it rent free for 6 to 12 moths rent free to encourage business

they should also make the main st 1 way - its a no brainer
    it might stop the boy racers going up and down the town beeping t each other every 3 minutes , i really dont get that at all ???

rant over :-) :D

hi guys,
    im wondering who do i contact regarding the quality of water in arklow.
    i noticed last night the jug i had in the fridge had a brown sediment at the bottom and tasted very metallic.
    the jug was spotless so it definitely wasnt that

thanks

the water quality has always been poor in arklow , every time a heavy rain / storm happens the water turns to gack - then next few days it gets a metallic taste , i ALWAYS filter it or boil

worst water - most polluted river in ireland as well - unfortunately arklow is getting a less appealing by the day :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

dj jarvis wrote: »
    have 2 agree
    arklow is in a shocking state , only people who give a **** about its appearance are the tidy towns - always out doing grass - getting rid of graffiti and the like
    the council should approach various paint company's and property owners with a scheme to improve the look of the town , win win for all involved
    because the main st is uber depressing ,
    the empty shops should be cleaned , painted then the window space used for street traders for good display , i have heard of another town whos property owners who had empty property gave it rent free for 6 to 12 moths rent free to encourage business

they should also make the main st 1 way - its a no brainer
    it might stop the boy racers going up and down the town beeping t each other every 3 minutes , i really dont get that at all ???

rant over :-) :D

Disagree with that, bar the main street which could do with a lick of paint and more shops filled, it is pretty decent.

Gmol wrote: »
    Disagree with that, bar the main street which could do with a lick of paint and more shops filled, it is pretty decent.

sorry but have to disagree with you - not just the main st , the harbor is an eyesore as is the abandoned industrial works on both sides of the river , place is COVERED with dog **** and litter , river walk often has junkies hanging around and now leaving dirty needles on the main st apparently ,

i was walking past the chipper on ferrycarrig and in broad daylight 3 little knackers openly buying and selling drugs , and dont get me going on the amount of dangerous driving that goes on in this town is unbelievable

dont get me wrong i enjoy arklow and its people , for the most part they are really nice and friendly BUT on the points i have make above it fails miserably
    the council and the community should be ashamed how bad the place has gotten

i was on holiday in the west of Ireland and i told someone where i was from and his reply was " ah arklow - the armpit of the east coast "
    says it all really

Advertisement