Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

t o reilly electrical

Options
  • 01-07-2011 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

I was at the Bray branch of T OReilly electrical on the Boghall Rd a few hours ago and it has a "CLOSED" sign on window. The shutters were down and a couple of lads were at warehouse doorway. This apparently came out of the blue and the person I spoke to was in shock. Has it gone into receivership or can anyone explain what happened. A great loss for everybody buying Electrical supplies at the right price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

its been written on the wall a long time and as being a former employee i feel for the workers cos alot of the lads are all there 20 odd years and the owner <<<snip>>> has propped it up so as not to pay a decent redundancy now it will just be the state one .the owners winding it down and is gonna pop up wit a new name very soon thats been planned for awhile

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

vinpaul wrote: »
    I was at the Bray branch of T OReilly electrical on the Boghall Rd a few hours ago and it has a "CLOSED" sign on window. The shutters were down and a couple of lads were at warehouse doorway. This apparently came out of the blue and the person I spoke to was in shock. Has it gone into receivership or can anyone explain what happened. A great loss for everybody buying Electrical supplies at the right price.

I feel sorry for the people that have lost their jobs. But speaking as someone involved in the electrical trade for over 20 years I have always found them to be uncompetitive in terms of price.
    IMHO they are really aimed at the DIY market and therefore not that cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭desoc32

I only used O'Reillys when reallly stuck. The prices were way off and some of the brands sold at times were sub standard in my opinion compared to other wholesalers. Sometimes i've even gone to Woodies to save money which is ridiculous as a tradesman! I do feel sorry for the staff though. The way things are at the moment, when trying to price in for a job you need to be competitive and O'Reillys couldn't help me out on that one as would be way over the next cheapest price from another wholesaler. I do feel sorry for the people who worked there and have families to support though

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

desoc32 wrote: »
    I only used O'Reillys when reallly stuck. The prices were way off and some of the brands sold at times were sub standard in my opinion compared to other wholesalers.

+1

In general people that are not in the trade would not be aware of normal wholesale prices.
    This is how the likes of Woddies can charge 2 to 3 times the price its sister store Chadwicks sells exactly the same items for.

Advertisement