Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hostels

• 14-06-2011 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

Travelling for a fortnight(ish) in August inland and on the coast. Any tips about whether I could just turn up at hostel and stay the night? I know booking would be sensible, but its too limiting me thinks.

Any seasoned hostellers out there? I'll be starting in Dublin but stopovers will be all around the country.

Thanks

LdR

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

There's no harm in ringing a hostel the day before to check their availability. If they have loads, then you probably won't need to book. If they are close to full then you'll have to book or risk getting there and its full. Then you could look for B&Bs or a hotel. Or a warm shed.

You bringing a tent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lata de Riego

No. Tent staying at home so gonna have to take a few risks. Could carry a shed tho.

Don't want to book more than a day ahead for fear of not getting to the destination but I know there are loads of hostels dotted around so the plan was to aim for one, but if the going were tough I could just drop in on another.

I guess the issue is August as it probably busier.

LdR

Advertisement