Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Translating "Baby on Board"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Caledonia

What about Leanbh Linn?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Caledonia wrote: »
    What about Leanbh Linn?

That could mean 'a child of ours'.
    Sorry slightly off topic
    The etymology of the word Car is not English but Gaulish
    Originally a two-wheeled Celtic war chariot.
    :)

http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/gaeilge/donncha/focal/focal034.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Some feel it an unnecessary sticker but if it puts parents' minds at ease, knowing that there are "stupid" not to mention wreckless drivers aplenty out there, then what harm?
    Plates wrote: »
    And will stupid, wreckless drivers change their behaviour because of a sticker? And will stupid drivers understand it as gaeilge?

I'd genuinely love to know why people put these stickers on their cars - what's the real message?

Sorry to divert off on a tangent again, but I find this too amusing not to comment on - it's not the "wreckless" drivers that I worry about, it's the reckless ones. In fact, I would have thought that all drivers would be doing their best to remain wreck-less, especially if they have a baby on board!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭An gal gréine

Well, feic you, MathsManiac, for spottin that! Maybe On-bords.ie can divert the post to the comedy section and we'll wreck a few more heads.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭imbroglio

Cad faoi:

"Ag iompair linbh", nó a leithéid? Ag tagairt do "Ag iompair clainne" :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭deirdremf

imbroglio wrote: »
    Cad faoi:

"Ag iompair linbh", nó a leithéid? Ag tagairt do "Ag iompair clainne" :P
    Sa mbroinn, an ea?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

"Lán le leanbh"?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

AnamGlas wrote: »
    "Lán le leanbh"?

Más fathach óg atá sa charr...

Advertisement