Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acoustic guitar strings needed in Galway!!

Options
  • 05-06-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Really need guitar strings for a gig this evening. checked powells, modern music, opus II, the one on abbeygate and the guy who fixes them off the end of shop street and none had them. any other places that would have them that would be open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What sort of fancy strings are you looking for that none of the shops had them?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Doomeus

I just needed strings on a sunday and nowhere was open

Doomeus wrote: »
    I just needed strings on a sunday and nowhere was open
    Yeah I gathered that, I'm just amazed that none of the shops in Galway city had what you were looking for. Acoustic guitar strings aren't exactly a rare item so for them all to be out of stock suggests either ridiculous collective mis-management or you were looking for something unusual hence my question.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Malice wrote: »
    Yeah I gathered that, I'm just amazed that none of the shops in Galway city had what you were looking for. Acoustic guitar strings aren't exactly a rare item so for them all to be out of stock suggests either ridiculous collective mis-management or you were looking for something unusual hence my question.

Been in the same boat myself of a sunday. That music place on shop st. closed, the one by la salsa closed.
    Do argos carry them? I couldn't really think of anywhere else that might have them on a sunday. Or bank holiday monday. Lets face it.

Been in the same boat myself of a sunday. That music place on shop st. closed, the one by la salsa closed.
    Do argos carry them? I couldn't really think of anywhere else that might have them on a sunday. Or bank holiday monday. Lets face it.
    I hear that, I've been caught like that the odd time but Doomeus wrote that nowhere had what he was looking for, not that they were all closed.

If they were in fact all closed then that's my question answered :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

All of the music shops in Limerick are usually closed on a sunday too. Its a bit of a sickener to be honest.

Ah well.... make sure you buy some spare sets next time. Just in case. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

Powell's opens at 1:30 on a Sunday.

Advertisement