Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Soap Awards 2011 - Best Actor

• 02-06-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

A whopping 15 actors made it through to the vote for this category as an awful lot received the same amount of nominations... Some seriously talented people in the mix here, so while it may be tough to make your decision, just make sure you make the right one... ;)

Best Actor 26 votes

Bryan Murray as Bob Charles (Fair City)
    0% 0 votes
    Chris Gascoyne as Peter Barlow (Coronation Street)
    30% 8 votes
    Danny Miller as Aaron Livesy (Emmerdale)
    3% 1 vote
    Maclean Burke as Damian Halpin (Fair City)
    11% 3 votes
    Victor Burke as Wayne Molloy (Fair City)
    11% 3 votes
    Stefan Dennis as Paul Robinson (Neighbours)
    3% 1 vote
    Sam Peter Corry as Robert Daly (Fair City)
    3% 1 vote
    Enda Oates as Pete Ferguson (Fair City)
    15% 4 votes
    Eamon Morrissey as Cass Cassidy (Fair City)
    0% 0 votes
    Alan O'Neill as Keith McGrath (Fair City)
    3% 1 vote
    Emmett J. Scanlan as Brendan Brady (Hollyoaks)
    0% 0 votes
    Diarmaid Mac an Adhastair as Séamas Mhicil Tom Ó Catháin (Ros na Rún)
    3% 1 vote
    Shane Richie as Alfie Moon (Eastenders)
    7% 2 votes
    Scott Major as Lucas Fitzgerald (Neighbours)
    3% 1 vote
    Ryan Maloney as Toadfish Rebecchi (Neighbours)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Have to say I think its great that both Emmett J. Scanlan (Hollyoaks) and Diarmaid Mac an Adhastair (Ros na Rún) got enough nominations to make it this far - neither soap got many nominations for anything last year, let alone make it to the voting stages and these two really are fantastic actors (whether you're a fan of the soaps or not - try to get a look at Emmett and Diarmaid in action on youtube, they really are superb)... There's a great video of Diarmaid in a scene with Stephen Fry floating about, and I'm sure there's plent of Emmett as Brendan Brady (who I think is too good an actor for Hollyoaks - he should really be in a higher profile soap and is definitely an actor to keep an eye out for over the next few years)...

Great show of support for the Fair City lads - all of them are superb, but I think Bryan Murray, Victor Burke and Sam Peter Corry are above and beyond the rest. Think it goes to show though, that people who say the acting talent in Fair City is dire, have not been watching the show. The people have spoken and they like what they see in Carrigstown. I was lucky enough to meet a fair few of these lads and even had a few sneaky pints with them in McCoys there in October. Legends!

I'm surprised Neighbours has such support - had a feeling Stefan Dennis might make it in to the best actor category, but I thought that'd be it. Although Ryan Maloney is great too. Don't know Scott Major at all, as it has been years since I've sat down to watch Neighbours.

Thought Corrie and Eastenders would have had more actors through to the voting stages, but here they are with only one a piece... Chris Gascoyne completely deserves to get this far, but I think there's stronger actors in Eastenders than Shane Richie (having said that, haven't followed the show in years, so maybe he just got a really juicy storyline this year or something).

Emmerdale I always thought was the stongest of the big 3 UK soaps and the most underrated of the 3, and although I don't watch it anymore, would've liked to see more of them make it through to the voting stages. Not too familiar with Danny Miller, but he seems to have a huge following.

Advertisement