Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadstone Arklow

Options
  • 29-05-2011 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

I was walking the dog up there last week and noticed they have blocked off the way through to the beech. No way around it. Does anyone know how long it's been like that? I thought there was a public "right of way" through there but I could be mistaken.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

They're planning to build a port there aren't they?
    Maybe that's why

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I thought that plan was shelved years ago. I something about an airport down that way somewhere alright. Pity because I used to like walking through there and out into the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

I thought that plan was shelved years ago. I something about an airport down that way somewhere alright. Pity because I used to like walking through there and out into the beach.

There was an article in the Gorey Guardian last week which stated that Roadstone had offered Celtic Link Ferries a berth if they were move out of Rosslare, sounds like it's still going ahead as far as Roadstone are concerned at any rate.

They seem to have gone quiet about the Airport recently, not that I ever really believed in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tradtshirt

AFAIK there is a right of way through the main gates to the Grotto - but not along the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Where's the grotto tradshirt? is that down near the pier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tradtshirt

The grotto is on the grounds of Roadstone. If you go through the main gates the office is on your left and the stock piles on your right. The virgin mary grotto is straight ahead.

I believe there is also a right of way to this grotto from the Clogga road.
    So you are entitled to walk straight though the grounds of roadstone past the grotto out to the clogga road - past the quarry.

Advertisement