Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking near Enniskerry

Options
  • 28-05-2011 11:20am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I was going to try to do the walk along the Dargle Gorge last week that was in one of Joss Lynam's books but saw at the start that the dreaded "private property" sign has appeared so i turned back.

So anyone know the story about this.

Kind Regards

dbran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

if this is the dargle river loop - i found an old walkin book that detailed it and i walked it maybe 3 yrs ago but since then the private sign came up so you cant walk the loop but you can go left at the sign and down to the dargle and walk the length and theen come back on yourself the way u came.so you do half of the loop twice.
    thats if the place im talkin bout is the place u mean.the entrance is a small gate u would barely see on the road from summerhill hotel to bray roundabout there at hills garage.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭2x4

Contact the Enniskerry walking association for updates on access in the area: http://enniskerry.ie/walkingassociation/newsevents/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Thanks Brian

I think thats the place I mean. It's a shame it is now private. It seems a lot of the walks are going this way.

Dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

dbran wrote: »
    . It's a shame it is now private.

does not mean it's not necessarily blocked though. If there is an existing right of way or even a decent landowner your fine. just like many parts of the Wicklow Way that cross farms and what not.
    Or like the walk down to Lough Tay, private land but once you stay on the track landowner allows it (not sure if he has to or is just a nice guy)

Advertisement