Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GOOD PRIMARY SCHOOL NEEDED dublin 7 , 1 or 9

• 26-05-2011 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi ,
    My kid has not seattled in his primary school [removed] at all . His headmaster is not helpful and clearly is not interestd in my kids problems.
    I will need to change schools .
    I would like a gael scoil as I speak some Irish and I would love him to .
    His happiness is the most important thing to me so any suggestions would be grateful, Gael scoil or not.
    Is it extremely hard to change schools once they have started?

Kind regards,

Kaz

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hi kaz. I've removed parts of your post as they are potentially libellous and against the rules of both this forum and boards.ie

People are free to suggest schools to you though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kaz420

ok. sorry about that . not thinking ..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Many Gaelscoileanna do not take children into any class bar junior infants, as it is hard for them to adapt to the level of Irish their classmates already have. It's worth contacting any local Gaelscoil to see what their policy is .

http://www.irishmediumeducation.ie/category/schools/primary/dublin-bunscoil/?lang=en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kaz420

Tristin is laready in a Gael scoil , so it might be easier .
    thank you for ythe link : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Squirm

I tried to get my daughter on to the waiting list for the local gael scoil in Drumcondra- Scoil Mobhi. They won't put her on the list to start junior infants in 2014 (!!) because there are already 96 children on the list vying for a suspected 4 places (once sibling places have been allocated). Also, I know that unless a child comes from an Irish speaking family, it can be hard to get them into a gael scoil directly into a grade higher than JI. A lot of gael scoileanna now ask that your child has gone to a naionrá prior to admittance into

This would make me think that it might be difficult to obtain a place in a good gael scoil having not been on a waiting list. Perhaps the demand for places in higher school years is smaller, so you might get lucky... but surely the majority of pupils continue from JI right the way through...?

Aside from this particular gael scoil, there are a number of very good primary schools in the postal areas you mentioned, so you'd be best advised to start ringing around and looking to visit those that most interest you. That's really disappointing to hear that your child's current principal is not meeting expectations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement