Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CycleSurgery?

Options
  • 25-05-2011 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any opinion on or previous dealings with CycleSurgery?

I bought two roof mounted bike racks from them a couple of weeks ago and one of them is faulty, I have sent numerous emails with only one reply saying sorry we are having trouble with our email please send the photos again we can't seem to find them.

Has anyone else dealt with CycleSurgery before, are they genuine or are they just finding excuses and leaving it go? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ktz84

Removed - assumed it was bought online but that doesn't look to be case so telephone number not releveant but I would still call them - usually much easier to get thing sorted over the phone or in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Snow and Rock dundrum are notoriously bad at replying in regards to outdoor gear of which I use to spend way to much money on. :o

I'm not sure if it's the same email server but i presume it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I think they are genuine. I found the staff on the shop floor to be really friendly and helpful, offering good unbiased advice rather than just going for the sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Likewise I have bought from Cycle Surgery in Dundrum and have always found the floor staff very helpful and friendly. That said, I've never had cause for complaint

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Second what Studiorat and Brayblue24 said above. Equally found the staff friendly, informative and patient without being pushy plus they were very competitive on price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

oops should have included that it actually was bought online from the CycleSurgery website in the UK and I think there was a phone number on the website must give that a ring if no response fairly soon!

Didn't realise there was an actual cycle surgery shop in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I find some of their prices a bit expansive, but like the others here I find the staff in Dundrum to be very good. I always seem to get stuck into a conversation with them - they are diffidently keen cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I find some of their prices a bit expansive, but like the others here I find the staff in Dundrum to be very good. I always seem to get stuck into a conversation with them - they are diffidently keen cyclists.

Expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

I posted this a day too early after 3 weeks they finally replied to say they have sent out a replacement part and to return the faulty one and they will refund the postage! Very happy with their response even if it did take a while, thanks anyway guys sorry about the mix up about CycleSurgery in Dundrum and the online UK site! Cheers

Advertisement