Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Picnic in the Phoenix Park this Sunday

Options
  • 19-05-2011 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

*** Weather Permitting ****

This Sunday, May 22nd, to celebrate 1 year of Food Action, Seomra Spraoi's ethical buying group, there's an open invite to a VEGAN potluck picnic and hopefully, if we can get a non-disposable BBQ, a bit of that too :-)

Bring yourself and your friends and summat to share - just don't bring animal products. :)

The plan is to meet at 2pm at the Wellington Monument, then adjourn to the cricket pitch area.

Realistically, if it buckets down, the plan is to head to Seomra Spraoi instead. (10 Belvidere Court, Dublin 1)

Comments

That's a lovely idea! Wish I could come, but Sunday doesn't suit.
    Hope you have a good time TSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

awww flip, im away this weekend. i went to one of these before and it was fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Hi Moonbaby, Maameo \o/

Just in from one of the organisers;

"I have spoken with the Park co-ordinating body and the garda today and it
    seems the park is on total shut down from 00.00 Sunday until Wednesday!
    and very restricted access on Sunday,no cars and only special inclusions
    for some." :(

Will let ye know where it's relocated to or when it's rescheduled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

my Dad's 60th that day

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Sorry about that - it's off for today - either indoors or out. It's not exactly the best picnic weather at the moment, anyhow. Oh, well!

The talk is for rescheduling for a week, for next Sunday, the 29th.

I'll let ye know when I know.

P.S. Happy birthday, --LOS--'es Dad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

i'll have to eat all my beef sandwiches and ham sandwiches myself so seeing as it's cancelled. Never mind, i can make some more when it is re-scheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Sorry about that - it's off for today - either indoors or out. It's not exactly the best picnic weather at the moment, anyhow. Oh, well!

The talk is for rescheduling for a week, for next Sunday, the 29th.

I'll let ye know when I know.

P.S. Happy birthday, --LOS--'es Dad!

It would have been pretty bleak having it in that weather today. Do people actually bring hot food to this or what?

and thanks! I'd pass the message on but he wouldnt understand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭NecroSteve

Class idea. I hope Dublin's got nicer weather than Sligo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Mod note: we don't like trolling here...

all good now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭vaalea

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=126582280754856

A Vegan Picnic organised by Food Action..

TimeSunday, May 29 · 2:00pm - 5:00pm

LocationPhoenix Park

Created ByVegan Ireland
    More InfoFood Action is celebrating their 1st year anniversary this Sunday with a picnic in Phoenix Park. All are invited for good company, good food and hopefully good weather. Bring vegan food to share.

Time: 2pm

When: 29th May 2011

Where: Wellington Monument, Chesterfield Ave, Phoenix Park, Dublin 7

Map: http://maps.google.ie/maps/ms?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&fb=1&gl=ie&hq=phoenix+park&hnear=phoenix+park&hl=en&msa=0&ll=53.350718%2C-6.301925&spn=0.005636%2C0.016501&t=h&z=16&msid=212829990760892353945.0004a4548ac6a607ff1e4

Food Action is a non-profit wholefood club whose aim is to provide its members/community with vegan, ecological, sustainable, ethical and locally produced foods. They believe that if they get food in the most elemental and least processed form, then they can control its sourcing better.

If in the event of bad weather, the picnic will relocate to Seomra Spraoi. See:
    http://seomraspraoi.org/copy_of_contact-us

• Advertisement
Advertisement