Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 15 Band looking for lead guitarist

Options
  • 17-05-2011 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

We are a Blanchardstown-based band looking for a lead guitarist.

We are doing quite well and have some big gigs lined up, including foreign showcases.

What we need from you:

• Be committed. We practice at least once a week and try to play gigs as much as possible. (obviously there will be times when there are more-touring etc)
    • Be aware of what’s expected. Being in the band is both a time and money commitment. For our foreign trips, we pay for ourselves, we need you to be aware of that. As far as the music goes, know that we have developed a sound and, while every member of the band makes a contribution, we need you to be comfortable playing our stuff.
    • Be aged 19-26. This is the age profile of the band and it just makes sense.
    • Be easy to get along with. We’re generally a pretty laid back band and like to have a laugh. We take the band seriously, but we have fun.
    • Be good on guitar, but not a guitar hero. The guitarist who’s leaving, because of personal commitments, is very good at what he does. While he can shred with the best of them, he gets what we’re doing and doesn’t try to be shoe horn solos etc in.
    • To be honest, we’re not looking for Satriani, Slash or Young. Just a good guitarist who gets what we’re about.

If you need any more info, PM me! I’m aware there’s a lot in the ad and some of it might sound arseholey, but it’s best to be specific and avoid any confusion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭jimmypage100

pm'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Woodzy

Hey guys im pretty interested, ironically my "main inspiration" is actually slash so that may not be a such a good sign but I have played for years in a band so I'm well aware that its not really viable to play like that the whole time, anyway i live in clarehall so not too far awary from you guys, I have a car :)

Thanks

Dave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0DKChTbxSw

• Registered Users Posts: 7 galli_exit

hi guys

I would be interested in trying out if possible... could you send some demos to stephengallagher25@gmail.com jst so i can have an idea of what your music is like??

Look forwarding to hearing from you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 galli_exit

hi guys

I would be interested in trying out if possible... could you send some demos to stephengallagher25@gmail.com jst so i can have an idea of what your music is like??

Look forwarding to hearing from you :)

Advertisement