Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband on Southern Cross Road Bray

Options
  • 16-05-2011 7:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Eircom can't provide fast wire-based broadband access to our housing estate
    on the Southern Cross Road in Bray, due to an old line/station.

Eircom's restrictions basically mean the speed is 1 MB; you can buy up to 3MB from suppliers but the line basically can't carry that load.

So, what other solutions do people use for broadband speeds of greater than 1 MB on the Southern Cross Road?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

I work just off thw southern cross and the speedis terrible.was told its literally the copper lines we have so cant do anything. I have a dongle from o2.its grand.i can even upload videos to youtube with it.about 20 a month on a month by month contract, less if you pay for a year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

UTV have been the best for me so far out of a terrible bunch. Get around 150-200 kbps d/l & 25 kbps u/l speed

• Registered Users Posts: 1 westie970

I live on Southern Cross road and use Digiweb. 8 Meg broadband with option of 12 meg. Have experienced no problems since i signed up over a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

i second digiweb have it 3weeks now and its super have had eircom and vodafone but my god what heartache hooray for digiweb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Have ye got UPC cable tv up there. If so, good news. UPC are in the midst of finally upgrading Bray for HD and Broadband.

• Advertisement
Advertisement