Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kicoole Broadband

Options
  • 14-05-2011 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Just about to move to holywell,sea road in Kicoole and was wondering if anyone out there could tell me about a good broadband service 3 to 24 mb, 24 mb would be nice :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kev91

afaik eircom would be the best to get as upc and wimax are not available in kilcoole unless you ring up wimax to see if there new wirless box can be used just plugs int a normal socket and comes with a phone port so you can connect a home phone to it i would highly recomend them if available as i have this (wicklow town) and can not fault it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Wickow broadband is always an option if you are stuck.

Not sure about their home package but I know their corporate package (30mb up and down I think) is available in the city centre.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Just about to move to holywell,sea road in Kicoole and was wondering if anyone out there could tell me about a good broadband service 3 to 24 mb, 24 mb would be nice :D

lol you will be lucky to get 3/4mb DSL Kilcoole is split southern is on Newtown Exchange and North is Greystones so Kilcoole is on the Limit of these Exchanges it really needs its own but i can see that happening :rolleyes:

As for Wireless as posted above Wicklow Broadband is the only viable option no experience with them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭iamfromcork

ya i'm finding out that the broadband isn't the best in kilcoole and if i want a landline service i have to sign up with eircom first or they won't put the line in lol. Just have to wait til we get the house keys and hope for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Nancenet70

1 - 1.5mb is about the best we could get here in Kilcoole (according to my husband)

eircom are putting in a faster service soon which may give us 8 mb and UPC are putting in fiber soon which could get even better

we too had to deal with the eircom thing last May, and we cancelled and paid the penalty and transferred to our Digiweb plan....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Ciann

Sorry if I'm a bit late but here's the kind of speed you can expect from eircom in holywell!

http://db.tt/5F3SstC

Do you mind me asking what package are you paying for. Looks like the speed we use to see in 1998 lol. Maybe we'll forget about getting the house :D

Do you mind me asking what package are you paying for. Looks like the speed we use to see in 1998 lol. Maybe we'll forget about getting the house :D

And the sick thing is OP there is MAN Fibre cable running through the village :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ciann

Sorry OP I'm not 100% sure, I think we pay around 48 quid a month.
    WiMax came around the other day with deals, I can post them if you're interested :)

Talking with wimax today. They're in the area. Just install a receiver on the roof and 35 i think a month for 7 mb line no limit and 4:1 ratio. Half price for the first three month. Only thing is 150 for the install but i'm sick of stone age 1 mb line so i'm signing up firday.

• Advertisement

still can't believe how bad the eircom speed test you put up is so low, what the hell

Talking with wimax today. They're in the area. Just install a receiver on the roof and 35 i think a month for 7 mb line no limit and 4:1 ratio. Half price for the first three month. Only thing is 150 for the install but i'm sick of stone age 1 mb line so i'm signing up firday.

Where abouts are you located? Im in Seaview and there site says its not available here :(

we're moving to that new place holywell grove ,down the sea road. I did the map and got a call 10 minutes later they can install for me in ten days or less. Didn't have a number so i moved the pointer on the map to the location where the house is and was told it was available.

installing on thursday will let you know about the speed test. Just got the keys for the house today and we have no bed no chair,table etc or even floors but we'll have broadband lol, i have a weird idea of whats important :D

speedtest.net

Test Date: Jun 9, 2011 3:27:10 p.m.
    Connection Type: Wifi
    Server: Dublin
    Download: 6477 kbps
    Upload: 565 kbps
    Ping: 143 ms

59165609.png

Eircon :(
    1334380622.png

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Wicklow Broadband

1334788486.png

This costs me €40 per month.

No phone line required.

that wicklow broadband is very good only ping of 9 ms great for games lol. did the speed test today was at 7mbps. They have up to ten available in the are for 40 but i think 35 for 7 is good enough

Time to Change ISP i think 5years of Crappy Service from eircon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Time to Change ISP i think 5years of Crappy Service from eircon

I'm not from the area but have been following this thread and tbh its a no brainer for yourself to move and move quick! :)

Advertisement