Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike frame painters?

Options
  • 14-05-2011 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Ok so last summer my dad and i converted an old 10 speed into a fixed wheel, and we did a rattle-can spray paint job on it ourselves. Now, the paint job is looking so bad it's embarassing. Does anyone know of a place in town that might paint a frame professionally? (Well, more professionally than a half arsed job done in a shed anyway)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

how about powder coating?

ive seen these lads van around Tallaght a bit lately

http://www.tallaghtpowdercoating.ie/gallery_bicycles.html

worth a look i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dethklok

Thanks a lot, i'll check 'em out

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

I was excited when I came across Tallaght powder coating last year, I thought people would finally be able to get a bike painted over here but I've seen about five bike frames since then coated by them, even one only yesterday and the finish is shocking, really bad, nearly like a rattle can finish!!!
    Today I was given a guys number that does custom motorbike paint jobs, he's a friend of a friend, he will do frame and fork in any colour or finish with clear coat finish for €150 but I haven't seen his work yet, a bike frame is very different from a motorbike tank after all, so I'm going to get one done to see how he does, if he's as good as he's supposed to be I'll be recommending him, so watch this space :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I have an old Diamond Back Apex Steel MTB that is a long term project.
    I was thinking of getting it powder coated, but I've decided to try and keep the paint scheme as original as possible with blown in blue paint to front and rear.
    This will mean I'll get it painted by a local car sprayer (son of the guy who painted my Peugeot.
    This is what the DB would look like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dethklok

@gman2k
    Nice bike, especially seeing as it's singlespeed :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

have you tried DEssie maye (raparee bikes) i know he is retired these days but his sons might still do some work ,they were brilliant.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

have you tried DEssie maye (raparee bikes) i know he is retired these days but his sons might still do some work ,they were brilliant.;)

do you have contact details fsl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

lennymc i did have his phone number but i'm sure he's in the phone book lives over trim direction .he's a real gentleman and a genius on all things bikes.his son's were good at racing cant recall there names sorry (old age):D:D but i'll try and find out for ya.

yeah found his phone number he lives in longwood direction over by trim not sure if i should post his number, anyway he's in the book 044.........

Advertisement