Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass fishing

Options
  • 13-05-2011 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi all just looking for tips with regards to getting into bass fishing. I only tend to spin for makeral and its another side of fishing id like to get involved in.
    What type of tackle doe's one use etc.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

The season is over on the 15th of this Month to the 15th of June.

Tackle would be what you use for salmon or pike.

And the lures are pretty varied, but try to match what food is in the area, i.e sandeels, macks, sprats little fish etc

Look for an area with sand and mixed rocky outcrops and fish at different stages of the tide till u find the Bass.
    It takes time to learn the particular habits of the Bass in your area

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Cdub

Good lures to use are any of the rapala ones, germas sprat metal spinners are also good but be careful of them over rocky ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fallowbuck

Hi only fishing bout 4 years since moved to the coast and it does take a bit of time to find were and when the bass feed, but when you do you can reep the reward s. I find when you have your locations and are happy, fish them as soon as the tide turns i have two spots were the tide is well out but soon after the tide turns the fishing is crazy, I used to read alot a books and was threw off by the saying 1 hour on either side a high tide is best i wasted alot of time doing this tho it is true in alot a case's each spot varies specially for bass as they are on the go all the time. So from low to high keep checking!! So your best bet is to throw alot a time into it eventually you'll find them keep your spot quite and dont forget to write down times you caught them and what side of the tide it was weather and how calm or choppy it has been. A diary is handy cause when you have enough data you can compare tide and weather so on a certain type of day you can highten your chance,s of more and more bass. The bass bullet i find the best of all lure's. HAPPY SPINNING:)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tippx

Thers a angling book by angling Ireland or something any way its about sea fishing on the east coast from carlingford to past bray (shore fishing) I got it for free in swords tackle .shop I live around Drogheda I Bass fish in Laytown Mornington

now he says in this book that lug worm can be dug past tom roes point and up to say short of the humpback bridge into baltry I spent 3 hrs checkin it out at low tide last year
    the sand doesnt look right there in my opinion, now i know one place were lug can be got on the other side of the river but its getting more diffcult due to rocks from the dregeing has anyone ever got lugs or rags on the baltryside!!!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jorb

only ever found sizeable ones at low tide on the mornington side. go down to the river itself, around the tower. under that weed along the river you'll find plenty of rag and lug. mudflats near the scara in Mornington can be good for Lug

• Advertisement
Advertisement