Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Glendalough

Options
  • 09-05-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'll be going to Glendalough next month for a few days with my partner. Am just looking for some recommendations for places to eat. Would really appreciate it. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Aero28 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I'll be going to Glendalough next month for a few days with my partner. Am just looking for some recommendations for places to eat. Would really appreciate it. :)
    the wicklow heathers would be a popular and very good one. Booking required...there's a hotel and a pub too so over the course of a day or two you could eat everywhere!!

(glendalough isn't very big)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'd say the Wicklow Heather too from personal experience. The food in Lynhams isn't up to much IMO and apart from that there's the Glendalough Hotel, although I've had mixed experiences there.

There is also a new place called The Conservatory that I haven't tried but I've heard good things about http://ireland-guide.com/establishment/conservatory_the.8777.html?print_version=1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Book ahead for the heathers.....VERY popular

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ding Dong

Coach house, Roundwood Inn or Kavanaghs in Roundwood on way to Glendalough all serve good food and comfortable enuff at weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

the pub i always use just a few miles outside glendalough[avoca]is the meetings[meeting of the waters] food and price very good.after the meal walk down to the rivers,its one of the most restfull places in ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Wicklow Heather, all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Aero28

Thanks, really appreciate it:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Wicklow Heather is nice, but it's not all that. I thought it was expensive for what it was.

I've only had tea/coffee in the hotel and it seemed fine, while the only time I was at Lynham's was for a 21st, so all I had was finger food, and it was ok, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Hands down The Wicklow Heather.
    Here's their menu: http://www.thewicklowheather.com/Menus

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

shinny wrote: »
    Hands down The Wicklow Heather.
    Here's their menu: http://www.thewicklowheather.com/Menus

If you're out for a drive you should head to the Glenmalure Lodge - lovely food there and a real nice pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

hsbc wrote: »
    If you're out for a drive you should head to the Glenmalure Lodge - lovely food there and a real nice pub.
    I don't know when you were there last, but in my opinion the food there has really gone to pot in the last year or so. About the only thing you can say about it is that there's plenty of it. Nice spot for a drink though.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Aero28

Thanks guys for all the recommendations. I was in Glendalough the last few days, and i see what ye mean now about Glendalough been not so big. I loved it there, such a beautiful place. I ended up eating in the Hotel for one night, which i wasnt very impressed with, I thought the people at the table next to us were practically hitting elbows with us, and the food was ok. But the second night we ate in the Wicklow Heathers and I loved it. Food was fantastic and the service was really fast also despite there been a huge crowd there. Really enjoyed it. Thanks again. Will definitely be going back there. :)

Advertisement