Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Review of LIT for year 2010/2011

• 07-05-2011 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

My idea is that we all add our views of this years happenings in the college and ways we could improve the place if we had the power to.

My first suggestion would be to teach whatever clown is using the Pa system on how to make announcements properly.

Turning off the heating in the warmer months would be another good start.

Opening the computer libraries on the weekends would help too.

Banning secondary school students from the library would help also, we pay for the privilage of using the place they don't.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Hi Guys,

My idea is that we all add our views of this years happenings in the college and ways we could improve the place if we had the power to.

My first suggestion would be to teach whatever clown is using the Pa system on how to make announcements properly.

Banning secondary school students from the library would help also, we pay for the privilage of using the place they don't.

Regards
    I normally dont mind any of the nessans or other sec school students in the library as they dont bother me that much and they usually get on with their work and its normally LIT students who make noise etc.
    The main people who do the P.A are not too bad, a lot of the students marketing an event or show etc are much worse.
    Apart from the few weeks right before the exams there is no need to open the computer centre, very few would use it at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

Hi Guys,

Regards

Secondary school students are fine in library. i think library facilities are brilliant apart from that lady supervisor walking around like a blue assed fly. i suppose they could sort out those damned printers for a start. they are always broke as well as having half of the pc's not working. there are lots of students taking up computers for leisure purposes while others need to do assignments. they should actually bring that woman down from the library and she'd have it sorted in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭munkus

Kevint30 wrote: »
    .. i suppose they could sort out those damned printers for a start. they are always broke as well as having half of the pc's not working...

That's more than a slight exaggeration there Kevin, where are the 600 broken PCs located (Excluding electronics’ labs)?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

munkus wrote: »
    That's more than a slight exaggeration there Kevin, where are the 600 broken PCs located (Excluding electronics’ labs)?

Go into the computer rooms and try access a computer. you ll see an awful lot of black screen. other computers also take forever logging in.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mkegvn

I agree slightly with Kevin there. For an Institute of Technology, their computer and print network is less than acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 chattycatty

Lecturer's should accept responsibility for providing students with the wrong information and try rectify it before it's to late.
    Time Management should be monitored for the lecturer's and students as strolling in ten minutes late to a lecturer is disruptive for students.
    Students should be able to raise their opinion about the course content sooner rather than later..the relevance.
    Work placement should be implemented for minimum period of six months on each course ..it can be both paid or unpaid..
    Interview practice for graduates before leaving the college.
    Students should be respected just as much as a lecturer should be,the manner of each individual should be how they expect to be treated.
    Get rid of courses with no job prospects and stop wasting money and student's time,

Advertisement