Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour of Louth

Options
  • 04-05-2011 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭

Date changed to Bank Holiday Sunday - 5th June 2011.

http://www.touroflouth.com/

Anyone doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Guybrush T

Big horses cock, I'm out of the country until 22:00 that night!:mad:

I did it last year and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Count me in for sure! Pure hammerfest fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Yes done this the last 2 yrs will be up for it again this yr.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Definitely, there's a new platinum medal category. Last year the start was vicious in the gold group. Much worse than the previous year, which was very pedestrian with just one big group.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Definitely, there's a new platinum medal category. Last year the start was vicious in the gold group. Much worse than the previous year, which was very pedestrian with just one big group.

Rip the cucumbers from my eyes and lets go!

@1:21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

What is the platinum? Under 3 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Guybrush T

AstraMonti wrote: »
    What is the platinum? Under 3 hours?

According to the club web site, yes. Now I'm really pissed off, I did 3:05 last year so would have been aiming for that. :mad::mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I think aiming to get ridres under 3 hours in an event where there are no marshals and fully open roads is verging on the dangerous.
    It's encouraging people to take risks.
    Must ask my mate Bob if this is actually a race ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I hope to do this, missed it last year so if the back is healed up in time ,which it should be, its a must do.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

RobFowl wrote: »
    I think aiming to get ridres under 3 hours in an event where there are no marshals and fully open roads is verging on the dangerous. It's encouraging people to take risks. Must ask my mate Bob if this is actually a race ;)

I think you're being funny (although after that Stephen Roche pancake joke I'm not sure) but I did it in 2:51 rolling two years ago and it was safe enough.

...apart from the crash in the first bit, which wasn't anything to do with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I think aiming to get ridres under 3 hours in an event where there are no marshals and fully open roads is verging on the dangerous.
    Quite the opposite I found. Unlike the few races I've done there is a reason to help out and work with the people around you and not do anything stupid. The first loop of the course thins the flock (I got dropped on the flat:cool:). Then you just work with fellow dropees of similar ability. The small group I completed it with were sharing water and food come the end, mostly my food and water.

Can't remember my time last year. I should be much fitter this year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lumen wrote: »
    I think you're being funny (although after that Stephen Roche pancake joke I'm not sure) but I did it in 2:51 rolling two years ago and it was safe enough.

...apart from the crash in the first bit, which wasn't anything to do with me.

Partially !

Finished it with Astramonti last year and we had to stop at 4-5 traffic lights in the last 10k. Just a bit concerned that when the target time gets less and less people will be prepared to take risks lik ebraking lights etc.

Bcmf Some one who prefers not to be identified missed a gold by about 30 seconds 2 years ago and had he know it was that close......

Have to say though have done it that past 2 years and found it great.
    Even if very strict about the timing !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Did this last year too and enjoyed it. I'm not sure about this year, was half thinking of doing the carrick wheelers sportive which is on the same day http://carrickwheelers.com/?p=547. hmmmm which one to do?:confused: Louth would be easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭furiousox

Hooray a sportive I won't get lost on! :D
    Did it last time, will be back for more this year.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Bcmf Some one who prefers not to be identified missed a gold by about 30 seconds 2 years ago and had he know it was that close......
    Jeez you just cant let it go can you......Anyway if my shockingly poor memory serves me well The Tax Man was in my group of 3 who were robbed...
    Anyhow is the Swords Sportif not on June BH. Well it was last year (which was prob the wettest day of the year)

Advertisement