Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easiest Way to Get to an Aldi and Back using Public Transport - Bray

Options
  • 03-05-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, basically using the Dart or a Bus whats the handiest way to get to any nearby Aldi and back from Bray on Thursday evening does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thargor wrote: »
    Hi, basically using the Dart or a Bus whats the handiest way to get to any nearby Aldi and back from Bray on Thursday evening does anyone know?

None of the ALDI stores are easy to get to by public transport at all. The nearest 3 are Rathmines, Rathfarnham, Parnell St

Rathfarnham - no idea how to get there from Bray
    Rathmines - 145 bus to stephens green then 15 to Rathmines
    Parnell Street - 145 bus to maybe Aston quay and walk up to it

Lidl in greystones or deansgrange are probably much easier to get to

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah thats what I thought thanks, its the bike gear in Aldi next Thursday that Im interested in, its bizarre that theres none around here at this stage.

There is a train to Arklow as well

leaves bray @ 17:17 18:17 19:17

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Thats miles away though isnt it? Probably be faster and cheaper to go straight into Tara Street and walk up to the one at the top of O Connells street would it?

Thargor wrote: »
    Thats miles away though isnt it? Probably be faster and cheaper to go straight into Tara Street and walk up to the one at the top of O Connells street would it?

cheaper but not necessarily faster

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Im not worried about a couple of euro difference if its faster so, do you know what the trains are like getting back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

you can get a 10E train return from Dublin to Arklow and get on in bray. Last train leaves at about 8pm. You are better going into Dublin if using public transport as the ticket would be no more than €5 return. And it would be faster going to Dublin- 40-50 mins on DART and a 10-15min walk compared to 1hr + on the Arklow route plus a 20min walk and on the way back it would be uphill which wouldn't be fun if you are carrying a heavy load.

Yeah thats what I was thinking looking at the map, thanks.

Advertisement