Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a scenic driving route?

Options
  • 02-05-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    My wife and I are spending next weekend in south Dublin and we would love to see some more of Wicklow. We are thinking of cutting off the motorway (m7/m8) and into Co. Wicklow. Anyone recommend a route, would like to include Glendalough if possible. Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

If you want scenery you want to drive over the old Military Road (R115) from Ballyboden (just off M50) through the Sally Gap and down into Laragh. From Laragh it's only a short run into Glendalough. Sorry, can't do better than that but I'm not quite sure from your post where you'll be coming from. :)

http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=642&q=map%20of%20dublin%2Fwicklow%20mountains&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Zoom out on above map and you'll see the route I mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Sorry, can't do better than that but I'm not quite sure from your post where you'll be coming from. :)

Limerick - sounds nice, will check it out. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

If you want scenery you want to drive over the old Military Road (R115) from Ballyboden (just off M50) through the Sally Gap and down into Laragh. From Laragh it's only a short run into Glendalough. QUOTE]

Just for the record we did this drive yesterday and it's fantastic. We started in Hollywood and went over the mountains to Laragh/Glendalough. We then took the route above (in reverse) from Laragh up the R115 to Dublin.

Thanks again Judgement....

Advertisement