Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kryptonite lock

Options
  • 29-04-2011 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend to me where I can get one of these today, in Dublin area. Are they cheap? I have €50 to spend on locks today, that's my limit.

It will be kept in an underground carpark most of the time, but its full suspension, aluminium Saracen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Build a bike (cyclebike) off capel street. You'll only get a mini evo for that afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

On Track on Cook St have the Evo Mini for 50 quid too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I got a Kryptonite Evolution for 50 in Cycleways on Parnell St. It's a good lock once used correctly.

On a side note, underground carparks give thieves a good deal of time to mess with your bike if they get past security. Make sure that when locking the bike that there is no room inside the D to fit a long iron bar which could be used as a lever to twist the lock. If you do that, there won't be enough room for a bottlejack either. Try to get the frame and a wheel into the D if possible. This isn't a problem with a Kryptonite mini.

As long as there are bikes with crappier locks near yours, you should be safe enough. A lot of thieves won't bother tackling a Kryptonite if there's another bike nearby with a cable-lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Halfords do some...

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭DonalK1981

The spokesman I think he calls himself.
    If this is the right man, he does mobile work from a van, locates himself all over the city depending on the day of the week. i.e. he has a schedule. Call him see where he is,
    The Spokesman
    Email: Cathal@thespokesman.ie
    Phone: 086 8545654
    I got a lock from him for €40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

i bought two kryptonite locks from the buildabike shop last year. i am sure they still sell them ].

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

I got my Evolution Mini in the shop on the bottom of Camden St. for €45. Best I've seen. Make sure you register the keys.

Advertisement