Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliable Mechanic/Garage?

Options
  • 27-04-2011 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭

My car is due for its NCT next month and I was wondering if anyone could recommend me a trusted mechanic/garage in Bray or Wicklow area please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RP Mc murphy

I use Ryan and O'Brien on the boghall road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

If I were you I wouldn't get anything done until you go for the nct. At least then you won't get anything done that doesn't need to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Yeah, but then you'd have to pay for a re-test if you don't pass. I guess it depends on the cost of the garage pre-NCT services versus the NCT re-test.

As for trusted mechanics, Davis Brothers in Greystones are very trustworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I agree with Foxy on this.

Do a few simple checks yourself, lights, oil etc.

Then take the car for the test.

That way, even though you'll have to pay for a retest, you will have a report telling you exactly what needs fixing and then you get that fixed.

Getting a pre-NCT puts you at the mercy of a mechanic and even an honest one might do things that are not necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Thanks for the advice chaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

Pat Driver beside the garage in Kilmacanogue is reliable, trustworthy and cost-effective; I've used him for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kev91

wicklow tyres do a fre pre nct check 1 week before your nct they are in killcoole and wicklow highly recomend them

Advertisement