Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tyres

Options
  • 22-04-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

As luck would have it I get not one but two punctured tyres in a day!!. Threads are getting low so where is the best place in Cork for new tyres.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I've always gone to Alan's Tyres in Glanmire, found him to be fine - but there are loads of places around, I don't know cheapest/best value though but there probably won't be too much in it. Someone else might have more accurate info.

To shop around it's best to actually call into the tyre shops, these lads are slow to reveal their best prices over the phone for competition reasons. If you are in the South Side half an hour could be spent calling into

- John Banks
    - Automotion (across from Harvey Normans)
    - Red Tag (where MoreMiles was off Vicars Road)
    - Bernard Dorgan (across from SuperValue, The Lough/Togher)
    - FastFit down by the Barrs club
    - Advance (near RedTag) but they are expensive
    - Ricky Galvin (Dennehy's Cross and end of Forge Hill)

Don't get Triangles or WanLi or any other such really cheap sh1t :)

Shopping around could save you €40 quid on a full set for the same tyre. Once got a price for a tyre off a lad in one of the above outlets, then asked for a price for 4. Exactly 4 times what one cost. His nearest competitor gave me the same tyres for €40 less as I was buying four.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

i've always found redtag in togher very good price wise.
    there's an advance tyre centre within a stones throw of it, so its easy to quickly compare prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

+1 for Automotion. good lads in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

There is a Polish guy who has a garage between Douglas and Carrigaline (on the narrow road) who quoted me €40 for a new tyre a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

Quick question here.

I am used to using winter tyres in winter instead of all-weather ones. Anyone know a hop that would sell them in Cork? I know there is one in dublin but a bit far maybe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 kevin.downey

Looking for BMW tracking anyone know anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Zombie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement