Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon Rim Cement

Options
  • 21-04-2011 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Is this the same stuff as carbon assembly paste? I wanted to put something on the seatpost, but am thinking it would end up stuck for good if I use the rim cement?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You mean this?

350_Conti-Rim-Cement-25g-for-Carbon-Rim.jpg

Definitely not the same thing. It's glue.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭D!armu!d

That's the one cheers, will stay away from it so.

Is it necessary to put proper carbon paste on the seatpost or is it better just to have it at the proper torque?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

you probably dont want to use cement of the seat post. This type of thing is probably what your after http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_189950_langId_-1_categoryId_212531

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,770 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Speaking of which, can you put this:
    conti-tub-cement-med.jpg
    which is designed for aluminium wheels, on carbon rims (as I suspect that is what the guy who mounted the tubs on my TT bike wheels has done:rolleyes:)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

That's fine Beasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Yup, I ran standard conti glue and they never rolled. I think the carbon stuff is a gimmick/money spinner.

I think the main selling point is that carbon-specific stuff is more heat resistant. I doubt if it would ever be an issue on Irish roads.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,770 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

el tonto wrote: »
    I think the main selling point is that carbon-specific stuff is more heat resistant. I doubt if it would ever be an issue on Irish roads.
    And certainly not at my speed ...:D

Advertisement