Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful European languages to learn

Options
  • 21-04-2011 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hello,
    I was considering learning a third language apart from Gaeilge and English, I was considering learning a european language which would be good for work:) prospects mainly. What language is the most useful in Europe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

david4791 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I was considering learning a third language apart from Gaeilge and English, I was considering learning a european language which would be good for work:) prospects mainly. What language is the most useful in Europe?

probably German or Dutch. You can get work in those countries, especially with a technical qualification

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

If you're looking to stay at home, a more obscure language like the Scandinavian languages or Finnish would be great. You ALWAYS see vacancies for those languages in call centres all over the country. And the Scandinavian languages are quite similar to English so it shouldn't be too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I think this is more suited to the general languages forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

number10a wrote: »
    If you're looking to stay at home, a more obscure language like the Scandinavian languages or Finnish would be great. You ALWAYS see vacancies for those languages in call centres all over the country. And the Scandinavian languages are quite similar to English so it shouldn't be too hard.

I actually started learning swedish awhile ago, so you think it could be useful for getting a job in the future if i become somewhat fluent?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

• Advertisement
Advertisement