Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag party in Wicklow

Options
  • 18-04-2011 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Looking for some advice from the Wicklownians. My stag is on in September, and we're going to be heading down to Skirmish, near Roundwood for the day.

Any ideas on where we could go drinking afterwards? There's going to be a party of about 24 or so, ranging from 18 through to 50, but we all like a drink and a bitta craic.

What are the bars in Wicklow town like? Are some of them iffy about stags? What about a bit of grub? Clubs? What's The Venue like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Your best bet would prob to head into bray after; there is a slightly larger choice of pubs/clubs(3 nightclubs beside eachother), and I think it is closer to Roundwood than Wicklow town. In Wicklow town there are loads of pubs; a big one down the bottom of the town that has music etc on weekends. there is one club there- Silvers its part of a hotel. Then there is "cluesues"(sp) in Ashford which is about 10 mins north of Wicklow town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Any decent old fashioned pubs in Wicklow town?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Your best bet would prob to head into bray after; there is a slightly larger choice of pubs/clubs(3 nightclubs beside eachother), and I think it is closer to Roundwood than Wicklow town. In Wicklow town there are loads of pubs; a big one down the bottom of the town that has music etc on weekends. there is one club there- Silvers its part of a hotel. Then there is "cluesues"(sp) in Ashford which is about 10 mins north of Wicklow town

Cluesues is long gone buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,177 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

dev100 wrote: »
    Cluesues is long gone buddy

And Silvers is now 'The Venue'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Mushy wrote: »
    And Silvers is now 'The Venue'.

What's the verdict like on The Venue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Here's their facebook page if you want to look at some of their photos/events:

http://on.fb.me/heEA3A

• Registered Users Posts: 21,177 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What's the verdict like on The Venue?

I honestly don't know. Been a year since I was in Wicklow, and will probably be many years before I am again.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dog Lipstick

As someone from Wicklow Town I would say that any nightclubs in Wicklow are fairly useless. The Venue is pretty much filled with 18 year olds(or younger), there are some decent pubs in the town. Phil Healey's, The Leitrim and The old Forge (which does have a late bar and club of sorts) can be good fun. I'd advise you to head into Bray if you were on a stag, head towards the seafront there and you'll find something. But that's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Cheers lads. Guess it's looking like its Bray then.

Anyone with any suggestions for self catering accommodation around about there? Like 4 bed chalet/houses type thing.

Advertisement