Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute from Dublin to Arklow

Options
  • 12-04-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all

I have found quiet a lot of info on this but not much recent stuff. I am thinking of moving to Arklow as my girlfriend works in Enniscorthy. I would be commuting to Newlands cross each day. I have some flexibility with work and could start at 7 finish at 4.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone dong this commute on a daily basis.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Not sure if this is any help but my wife commutes from arklow to past the spawell every day. She works 8.30 to 4.

We live on the wexford side of arklow. It takes her 1 hour 10 mins, sometimes 1 hour 20 in the morning. Normally doesn't take more than an hour in the evening.

She spends about 75 a week in petrol. 1.4 golf

Don't know if any of that is relevant but take what you want from it

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Martin32

Thanks a million, thats very good info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Martin32 wrote: »
    Thanks a million, thats very good info

No problem. Give me a shout if you have any other specific questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Hi

Live in avoca and work in bray.
    Usually leave around 6 and it takes 40 approx to get to work. If you have a 7am start it is the perfect time to drive the n11. I find if you are on the Arklow by pass from 6.30 onwards you have a slower time and could anything from 10 to 15 minutes extra as traffic seems to back up going through Kilmacanogue.

Watch out for the mobile speed van as it seems to taken up permanent residence on the n11 around Arklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I work in Cherrywood, and live in the centre of Arklow. Takes me 50 minutes usually 9AM start, and I usually leave the town by about 8:10.

Same on the way home - leave work at 5:30, usually home by 6:15.

• Advertisement
Advertisement