Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soya yoghurt alternatives

Options
  • 07-04-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi there,

can anyone suggest vegan alternatives to soya yoghurt. Now I'm not suggesting that soya yoghurt is not vegan or anything mad like that (!), just not wild about soya yoghurt and soya milk taste (prefer rice milk) so wondering if there are any alternative tasty options anyone could recommend?

Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

on a side note tesco appear to have stopped stocking the alpro soya yoghurts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

You could try making your own yoghurt with you 'milk' of choice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Are you sure? My mum got some for my brother (he's lactose intolerant) in the Tesco in Sligo at the weekend. Although I suppose it could have been the last of the stock or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

--LOS-- wrote: »

My local Tesco still has them. But only the raspberry ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Alpro seem to have a new range of desserts similar to the old range but now in the refrigerated section, my local Supervalu only has these now.

• Advertisement

Are you sure? My mum got some for my brother (he's lactose intolerant) in the Tesco in Sligo at the weekend. Although I suppose it could have been the last of the stock or something...

yep, I'm generally in tescos phibsboro and they havent had them the last few weeks there anyway. Not sure about the ones in town. A lot of them have also stopped stocking tthe pure soya butter too which is a bit annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Pure changed the packaging recently, maybe yer just blind :p
    http://www.puredairyfree.co.uk/ourfreshnewlook.php

OP - sorry for going totally off topic!

>.<

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Firstly, Sojade soya yoghurts = SEX! Especially the blueberry or the one with mango and summat.

Secondly, not so much a 'yogurt' but a new desert;
    "NaturGreen ALMOND AND HAZELNUT DESSERTS Delicious desserts which are light and easy to digest. These are 100% vegetable, lactose free, soya Free, gluten-free, wheat free, cholesterol free, with high quality proteins and rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acids."

Ask at your local health food store - if it deals with IIHF then they should be able to get them in.

That said, I did find it a bit bland. :o

Advertisement