Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodbrook Glen, The Green. Bray

Options
  • 04-04-2011 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I was just looking for a bit of friendly advice and assistance.

Im looking at possibly moving into the woodbrook glen area. I have 2 small children. If anyone could help me out and answer the following questions, it would be greatly appreciated :

1) Is there any mother and toddler / playgroups near by
    2) Nearest bus stop / route to get to Cherrywood science and technology park
    3) Area in general, is it quiet etc
    4) Local ammenties, how accessible by foot.

Thanks in advance. :)

Dan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

welshdan25 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just looking for a bit of friendly advice and assistance.

Im looking at possibly moving into the woodbrook glen area. I have 2 small children. If anyone could help me out and answer the following questions, it would be greatly appreciated :

1) Is there any mother and toddler / playgroups near by
    2) Nearest bus stop / route to get to Cherrywood science and technology park
    3) Area in general, is it quiet etc
    4) Local ammenties, how accessible by foot.

Thanks in advance. :)

Dan.

Well I cant advise on mother/toddler groups but the bus stop is on the dublin road. Thats the main road before going into the estate. The 145 goes into town every 10mins.
    Im sure some people may disagree but the general area in fine. I used to babysit in that area and the estate is quite large so how accessible it is by foot really does depend! If you are a fit person, or want to be, the town is close.
    Get google earth for a better guideline

It even has its own website! http://www.wgra.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

About ten minutes walk towards Shankill

Parent & Toddler Group
    Crinken Church, Old Bray Rd., Shankill Esther 0864065724

also about twenty minutes walk in Bray town

"United Nappies Parent & Toddler Group Bray, Co Wicklow
    Every Friday 10am -12.00pm Epworth Hall, Florence Road, Bray

Our mission is to develop our parent & toddler group into a fun group with kids and parents from all different cultural backgrounds. We hope to introduce songs and games from different cultures and most importantly keep the kids entertained and the parents happy with conversation and cups of tea & coffee!

Directions to Bray Methodist Church, Epworth Hall, Bray, Co Wicklow

Coming from South Dublin:

Come off the M50 at the Bray North/Shankill exit

At R’about take second exit towards Bray Town Centre.

Continue straight, through a couple of sets of traffic lights onto Castle Street (past Superquinn etc).

Keep continuing straight over the bridge and you will pass the Royal Hotel on your left.

At the next set of lights turn left onto Quinsborough Road

Continue down Quinsborough Road, taking your 1st turn right.

You can see the Church & hall at the end of the road. Park anywhere you see a spot.

Unfortunately there is no off-street parking so you will have to pay for parking (note: the traffic wardens in Bray are very efficient!). It’s €1 per hour.

There's a car park opposite the Smyths toy shop where you can either enter from Quinsborough road or Florence road. 3 hours limit."

Wicklow County Council have a link for Mother and Toddler groups but it is very hard to read

http://www.wicklowcountychildcare.ie/p&t.htm

I would describe the area itself as generally good.

I feel nostalgic about the years I spent there with a young family.

The 'valley area' to the south between Woodbrook and Corke Abbey is a good amenity

especially if one has a dog :)

The estate is convenient for getting to the town. Topaz is handy if you run out of milk.

Costcutters and Superquinn within handy walking distance.

It is very civilized/peaceful in the Summer, when a lot of Bray further down gets busy with tourists.

Advertisement