Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta Games

Options
  • 26-03-2011 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭

should we have a sticky about Beta games?
    to inform people when a good Beta game is available and where to sign up
    i am currently a beta member of Battlefield Play4free, Age of Empires Online and Dragon Age Legends
    anyone else out there playing any good Betas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Arent most betas covered by NDAs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

And aren't they more for bug testing than fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Overheal wrote: »

pfft! then why are there so many sites out there covering them?

And aren't they more for bug testing than fun?

not really, I've rarely seen a major bug as they go to beta when they feel a game is ready so it is mostly finished and just need to shuffle a few things before going gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I think NDA only applies to early stage beta/closed beta.
    As far as MMOs go i think developers use open beta as a sort of demo as well as a way for major stress test.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,491 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No need for an 8th sticky for this.... feel free to bump the thread if a new beta opens up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I'm a playstation beta member. Sometimes we get games that are very buggy and others we get games that are almost complete and are used to test server loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Overheal wrote: »

It's not against an NDA to inform people how to sign up for a beta, which is all the OP wanted to do.

Eurogamer were giving away keys for the closed battlefield for free beta the other day, pretty sure they're long gone now though...

i have a code for the closed Beta of Age of Empire online if anyone wants it
    just pm me
    http://www.ageofempiresonline.com/beta/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The term "Beta" has changed to mean just a multiplayer demo which is now little more than a selling tool, ie buy Medal of honor get Battle field 3 beta key free etc. Or sign up to this site get a Beta Key free, PS+ etc.

Proper beta testing needs people to test it and report back and at this stage may have a NDA attached to it.

I have a code for 7 days of Landmark if anyone wants it

Advertisement