Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why dont mac donalds or burger king do delivery?

Options
  • 24-03-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

seems like a pretty nice way of opening up an extra revenue stream to me, they do it in asian countries i know for sure so why not here god id love a macers right now but im too lazy to go :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Can't guarantee the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Irish_wolf

Because mcdonalds food goes off after about 20 minutes, and the chips are horrible and soggy after 10. They'd have to pump more artificial preservatives and flavours into it to make that feasable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

id still eat soggy chips :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Irish_wolf wrote: »
    Because mcdonalds food goes off after about 20 minutes, and the chips are horrible and soggy after 10. They'd have to pump more artificial preservatives and flavours into it to make that feasable.

Pump away i say, pump away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Mac Donalds do in China.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

because the regular mcdonalds eater is fat enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

its hard enough to get a hot burger in macdonalds.. It would be a frozen brick before it got delivered..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

mrDerek wrote: »
    id still eat soggy chips :P

Would you eat a soggy biscuit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i don't know...

i use the drive through and when i get home the food is still good to eat! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

i don't know...

i use the drive through and when i get home the food is still good to eat! :)

you dont have to drive to ten or eleven other houses first though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

they don't have to.

also, it'd be extra expense for them (insurance, comped meals due to delivery-person's stupidity, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Because mcdonalds food goes off after about 20 minutes

Not true - try 137 days and counting :)!!

http://www.refinery29.com/happy-meal-art-project

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mcdonalds chips dont make it the walk from the counter to your seat before going cold, never mind a 15 minute drive

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Why would they come to you when they know you'll go to them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

My Brother got me mcdonalds its only a 10 min drive home
    by the time he got back the food was ruined and the sundae dripping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

123balltv wrote: »

That's just a reaction to the poison he put in it.

123balltv wrote: »

depends i suppose on where you go, it took me 10 minutes to get it home one day from my local mc donalds and the chips burnt my mouth.

another day in the one in town i got chips that were under cooked and cold, so i brought them back up to the counter and instantly got barely warm but at least fully cooked replacements, so who ever was cooking them that day was just crap at it obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Because mcdonalds food goes off after about 20 minutes, and the chips are horrible and soggy after 10.

Doubt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

They deliver in other countries. I don't know why they don't do it here. They'd make a bomb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I'm betting the OP is obese, won't even walk 5 mins to the nearest Mcd's ffs :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

They dont go off...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

There's a delivery company in Galway that delivers McDonalds. It's one of those ones that delivers food from a whole load of places. I've never used it but I'd imagine it would be pretty cold and gross by the time it got to you and it's not really the type of thing you can stick in the microwave

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Thought from the latest adverts they were working on a way to beam us into the restaurants? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

BizzyC wrote: »

How was the ones in supersize me covered in fungus and rotting after 10 weeks yet this one looks like it was bought that day.. 4 years old?? load of me Bum!!

KFC need to start delivering!! Win right there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

They deliver in a lot of Latin America too. Anywhere that says domicilios delivers.

How was the ones in supersize me covered in fungus and rotting after 10 weeks yet this one looks like it was bought that day.. 4 years old?? load of me Bum!!

i agree!

i also disagree with her "the food stays in your thighs, it doesn't beak down" comment if that was the case i'd be a quarter pounder with cheese shaped obese monster, i'm a slim size 10.

i can say i ate an alarming amount of mc donalds in my life and i don't have 20 years worth of chips floating around inside me not breaking down. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

Mac Donalds do in China.

Yes but have you eaten MacDonalds in China? The chicken though cooked has a pinkish colour. Yeuk!

They cant loose anymore customers to heart attacks. Going to Mcdonalds is the only exercise they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

If they delivered, we would have newspaper stories like this within a year.....

Bulldozer used to free obese man trapped in house;

A man was airlifted to hospital earlier this morning to have his couch surgically removed from his body. Members of the local fire brigade were called in to lift a man locals are calling, "the burger king" from his house....

• Advertisement

I often buy an extra burger from McDonald's after a night out and heat it up for breakfast, bloody delicious. So I could survive the delivery time I think :D

Advertisement