Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pixies or The Smiths?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭cerebis

The Smiths are far superior.... pixies dont do it for me at all.. messy//

The two bands are streets apart in sound, lyrics, style etc

Hard to compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

This is a bit like asking 'what do you prefer, food or water?' need 'em both!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Choochtown

2 cracking bands but I could listen to 3 Pixies albums in a row without it getting "samey". I couldn't do that with the Smiths.

So ... Pixies for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

The Pixies by about 10.000.000.000 miles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

I like the smiths a lot but Pixies are my favourite band, don't see why they should be in competition :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

You're thinking of John Squire there.

Johnny Marr has played with a few bands since The Smiths - Electronic, Modest Mouse and The Cribs - but not The Seahorses (thank god!).

:o i'm going to blame that one on ... lack of sleep (yes, lack of sleep, that'll do).

• Registered Users Posts: 29 debaser13

Kid V wrote: »
    My brain says The Smiths but my heart says The Pixies so i guess it has to be The Pixies

Exactly what i was thinking, the smiths are more intellectual where the pixies have this raw energy..........so yeah pixies for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Like asking me which parent I love more.
    Depends on the day, or even the hour, or more accurately, the mood I'm in.
    Bottom line is, I love them both, because they both made me who I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

The Pixies! I've been listening to them since i was a kid. I like the Smiths too ut i prefer the Pixies. Hence the name :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Doolittle just has this amazing effect of putting me in the best mood, so has to be The Pixies for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Dante

Pixies are one of my favourite bands and The Smiths are possibly my most hated band so its an easy choice for me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement