Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subletting Land

Options
  • 17-03-2011 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hhhhhh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I guess the guy that you lease the land to sees it as if he is just selling the silage off it which he probably feels that he is perfectly entitled to do. The guy who buys the silage from him is not gaining in any way from any SFP or DA payment linked to the land and he does not have the maps either so technically is he actually subletting??? He can argue that he's just selling silage off the land and the buyer just comes in and mows it and picks it up. That's how I view it.

How does it impact on you that he does this?? Do you feel that you are not getting enough money for it??
    Is it worded in the lease agreement that he cannot sell silage off it? I have never seen nor heard of a lease which does not allow silage to be sold off the leased land.

At the end of the day if you feel that it is a legal matter then you should take the lease to your solicitor to have it examined to be sure that he is breaking the terms of the lease agreement.

mrc678 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I am hoping someone can help me out here, I have land rented out to a local farmer (60 acres in total) . I want to get one thing sorted once-and-for-all ! He rents the land off me for grazing then he rents some of the same land back to another farmer for silage and charges a per acre rate to him. I have told him that isnt allowed, as I think its subletting! Auctioneer who is looking after lease also says "subletting is happening" but tenant says not and looks like he will be doing it again this year as has not yet spread fertiliser on said land. His tenant does that and takes silage when ready. Anyone out there any thoughts on this. Is it subletting and how can do something about it. Tenant says its perfectly normal and called it grass management!

Advise would be very grateful!
    marc

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mrc678

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

if you let the land and he gives it back in the same condition whats he doing wrong , is he not allowed to make money. i have been here and left land, either go and get more money for it off someone else or shut up simple.the more money that someone will give for rent only means one thing in my books and that is the less he can put back into your land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

Tell the autioneer keep his nose out as he seems to know it all, and knows nothing. The type of deal you mentioned are common about. The original tenant probably needs the grass just for grazing and doesn't want much grass in the summer and doesn't need the silage. So instead of ending up with nothing but stemy shytemy, he is actualy carrying out grass management. (ever hear of lads taking out paddocks for silage in the summer?). As long as he keeps land in good nick i wouldn't worry too much

Advertisement