Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to enquire about renting some land

Options
  • 15-03-2011 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi
    Just wondering where one would make enquiries about renting 2 acres on a long term basis or what ever the norm is ?
    Looking for something in east Co. Galway, say upto 20 or 30 miles from Galway. If anyone can help, or even better would be willing to rent feel free to get in touch.

Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

try your local auctioneers they might know somebody. Or drive around and see any houses built on a big site might rent out the rest of the field.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

yer local pub, no auctioneers fees that way:cool:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kevin_d

sea12 wrote: »
    try your local auctioneers they might know somebody. Or drive around and see any houses built on a big site might rent out the rest of the field.
    Tried auctioneers a few months ago, without any luck. Might spend my day off tomorrow driving around to see if i meet any farmers that might be willing to do a deal.
    blue5000 wrote: »
    yer local pub, no auctioneers fees that way:cool:

Yeah, not much of a drinker :rolleyes: but willing to do what's necessary to reduce costs.

I've seen plenty of fields while driving on the way to Galway on the new motorway that appear to be unused for any agricultural use, guess if i take a spin up and down the side roads of the county i might get a better look, who know even bump into someone that can help.

Advertisement