Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses from Bray to Greystones and Back in the Evenings (8pm-11pm)?

Options
  • 14-03-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, thread title says it all really, are there any buses around this time or is the Dart the only option?

The Darts alright but Im up on the Southern Cross and heading to the swimming pool in Greystones so it means going down the town then waking from the station in Greystones to Shoreline and then back again at 10 or 11.

Any better options, preferably ones I can jump on up around the Sothern Cross on The Greystones road there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,753 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

184 or 84 - check the dublin bus website for times... they both pass the end of the southern cross and stop outside the shoreline in Greystones

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks loyatemu, errrr Im new in Bray, any chance you could be more specific with the names for the route planner, I dont really know the specifics, thanks:

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Route-Planner/

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dannygirl

Just thought seen as you're new to Bray you might not know about this place.

http://www.shorelineleisure.ie/braypool.0.html

Or maybe you do, if so, ignore me. :D

Nah thanks but I go to archery on Wednesdays, they shoot in Greystones unfortunately. Any clue what times or how late those buses run along the Vevay Road towards Greystones?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Dannygirl

Thargor wrote: »
    Nah thanks but I go to archery on Wednesdays, they shoot in Greystones unfortunately. Any clue what times or how late those buses run along the Vevay Road towards Greystones?

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/184-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

go to dublin buses website and go to timetable searches and do searches for 84 and 184

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Ah yeah this was perfect by the way, way better than the Dart, shaved about 90 minutes of the return journey not having to go down both towns and back up again.

Last question cos I forgot to ask the driver, can you bring a bike on those double-decker buses outside of peak times? (148 and 48)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thargor wrote: »
    Ah yeah this was perfect by the way, way better than the Dart, shaved about 90 minutes of the return journey not having to go down both towns and back up again.

Last question cos I forgot to ask the driver, can you bring a bike on those double-decker buses outside of peak times? (148 and 48)
    No I don't think so - It's 84 and 184

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    It's 84 and 184
    Oh yeah sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭davocesque

No bikes on the buses, but you can on the Dart off peak :D

• Advertisement

Well that sucks, Id cycle it but that road is dark and scary, have to wait for it to get a bit brighter.

Advertisement