Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100-90 Battery

Options
  • 13-03-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

Need to buy a new battery for a 100-90... Any ideas of best, seems lots of choice.. price.. best place to source in North West / Midlands

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Most tractor spares dealers should have good selection. Just make sure you get one with enough cranking amps. Check out the gurentees too. SOme give 2/3 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭THE LINK WALSH

The proper battery for this tractor is a 628,its got one pole at each end,expensive item,around €220.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭adne

The proper battery for this tractor is a 628,its got one pole at each end,expensive item,around €220.

Woo thats expensive, dont think the leads are long enough to go to a pole at each end. the battery that was in it was a 12V Heavy Duty with both poles at the same end.

Why is the 628 the proper battery for this tractor... ??

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

628 is the correct battery but not the best. the 630 which is 140 ah but 800 cca is better for these old (and tired) machines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭David brown

seen batterys in halfords with 5 yr warranty. i wonder would they do for tractor.most garages only give 2 yr warranty and most of my batterys last 2 yrs and day:D:D.no warranty:mad: .latest one to give up was during frost and its only 13 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Pacoa

Maybe its one of these you should be buying http://www.courtiestown.co.uk/batteries/batterydesulfators/batterydesulfators.htm

I bought one a month ago and did an old tractor battery with it and put it back in the tractor. Its starting it fine these cold mornings and that battery was knackered before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭David brown

thanks for link . did i c that on the journal last week. wonder would it work if one cell was dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Pacoa

No if one cell is shorted your battery is scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

the correct battery is the long / ford 130/140ah but the standard 90 or the heavy duty 110ah would easily do the trick, these tractors are pretty good starters even with high hours

Advertisement