Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blessington- A good move>?

Options
  • 11-03-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

hi,
    thinking of moving to Blessington and renting to see if we like the area. I drive through it every day on my way to baltinglass. We want to be nearer Dublin for work. We have 2 kids and im wondering what the schools are like and the area in general. i heard the primary schools were good but not too sure about secondary schools. They are only 3 now but just thinking ahead! Do the secondary schools have a good reputation and also is there much to do for kids are they are getting older.

Any options welcome!
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Tillerman08

Blessington itself is a great little town- more or less everything you need will be there. Dunnes stores in the newly built shopping centre. Not too sure about the secondary school but there is plenty of very good secondary schools in Naas to choose from and this is probably the option I would take. As far as I know school buses make the daily trip to Naas each day from Blessington which is handy. Blessington school is probably fine but I think you would have greater options if you sent the kids to Naas and it probably 10-12 miles from Blessington.

Best of luck with the move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

You got your answer last year link and tbh I don't think anything has changed other than some of the comments bashing blessington.I have lived here nearly 10 years and I have never had trouble or seen any kind of trouble.Yes sometimes there are are teenagers hanging around Dempsey's lane but they're harmless ,I walk past them everyday.

My kids go to St Marys and I think the teaching there is excellent ,my eldest is excelling with her maths and english.So go for it it's a great place to live and you couldn't pay me to leave the area.

Advertisement