Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Translation Request - Greatly Appreciated

Options
  • 09-03-2011 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello, I'm interested in learning the translation of the phrase "my living example" to Irish.

For context, its a lyric from a song with a romantic inspiration (i.e. She is "my living example" of perfection/love/beauty/what-have-you)

I've noticed that online translators give significantly different results depending on which if any of the words in the phrase are capitalized. A few I've gotten so far...

"Mar shampla mo chónaí"
    "Mo shampla ina gcónaí"
    "Mo shampla maireachtála"

Is there any of these that is more appropriate for the context than the others?

Again, any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

"mo dheismireacht beo" is the nicest translation I can come up with.
    There's probably a decent naith cainte for it, but I don't know too many of those myself.

Advertisement