Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spirit House

Options
  • 05-03-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Motivated by the thread about the building near the Sugarloaf, I was wondering can anybody help with this.

Does anyone know where this place is:
    http://www.abandonedireland.com/Spirit_House.html

Over on another thread someone said it was near Tinahely and the guy over the said site said it wasn't.
    Just curious more than anything, I'll probably never bother going to find it myself.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

David900 wrote: »
    Motivated by the thread about the building near the Sugarloaf, I was wondering can anybody help with this.

Does anyone know where this place is:
    http://www.abandonedireland.com/Spirit_House.html

Over on another thread someone said it was near Tinahely and the guy over the said site said it wasn't.
    Just curious more than anything, I'll probably never bother going to find it myself.

Thanks in advance.

The guy on Abandoned Ireland doesn't give away the locations because people might go up and wreck the place.People have tried to find it before to no avail.It would be nice to find the location ,I fancy a stroll up to it myself.There was a thread about it in 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭David900

Yeah I can understand that to a point, but people interested in visiting these places that find them on here are unlikely to visit them IMO. If you've been to some of these places you can see that the vandalism is caused by people hanging around there, not by people passing through.

Some guy on that thread mentioned it was near a bridge on the way to Tinahely. I'd know the road but not the area around it. I'd go have a look but its a bit out of my way, I used to pass around here on the way to work.

Strange the way no one seems to know where it is, maybe its not in Wicklow at all :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

David900 wrote: »
    Yeah I can understand that to a point, but people interested in visiting these places that find them on here are unlikely to visit them IMO. If you've been to some of these places you can see that the vandalism is caused by people hanging around there, not by people passing through.

Some guy on that thread mentioned it was near a bridge on the way to Tinahely. I'd know the road but not the area around it. I'd go have a look but its a bit out of my way, I used to pass around here on the way to work.

Strange the way no one seems to know where it is, maybe its not in Wicklow at all :eek:

Id say it's in Wicklow ,I have heard stories of it before ,it's probably near ballybeg house lots of wooded areas there

Advertisement