Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Speed Camera Van on N11 on Saturday in 80km zone outside cafe / pub northbound

Options
  • 28-02-2011 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else see this one? Few miles north of Jack White's

Smallish, dirty, red square Van, windows not blacked out at all. Had some odd black square thing in window. Was parked in a parallel side road on a downhill bend. Everyone meticulously doing the speed limit there as usual.

I was surprised at how small it was didn't set off alarm bells until I had a second look at it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Another van suitably parked on a dangerous road revenue generating on a big open main road.

I wish they'd at least be honest about it and say it all about rev gen and not safety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

VAG guys also clocked it. So a lot smaller than I was under the impression they were. I tend to drive on the limit most of the time. Will just spend even more time looking for them from now and less on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I think this van was parked near the entrance to Morriseys Concrete pit just north of the Beehive on one occasion (definitely a speed check van) and another one on the bad bends between the Beehive and Tap. There certainly seems to be alot more of them on the road these days. Garda also with tripod on last estate on right on the Southern Cross last week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    I think this van was parked near the entrance to Morriseys Concrete pit just north of the Beehive on one occasion (definitely a speed check van) and another one on the bad bends between the Beehive and Tap. There certainly seems to be alot more of them on the road these days. Garda also with tripod on last estate on right on the Southern Cross last week too.
    That one was very hard to notice until your were on top of it as there is a dip in the road there. I thought it was the same van that I'd seen at the Beehive on my way down to Arklow that morning, they must've moved it around lunch time. Very sneaky though, it was a fithly red van.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

They park in the traffic calming outside Baltinglass, easy pickings for cash collection, never been an accident there though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Not being smart, but if people just drive within the speed limit then there will be no fine so what's the problem with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

murpho999 wrote: »
    Not being smart, but if people just drive within the speed limit then there will be no fine so what's the problem with it?

Yes not being smart, I agree with you.

Advertisement