Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle repairs Loughrea??

Options
  • 23-02-2011 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi does anyone know if there is anyone in Loughrea who repairs bikes? (its a childs bike) the whole inner tube would need to be replaced as it has a big cut otherwise i might of had a go at fixing it myself with a repair kit. There used to be 2 places years ago but now they are both closed. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭castor 1

Got one fixed / serviced in a bike and lawnmower shop on Main St 2 months ago.
    Behind Donelans Fruit & Veg shop - drive in narrow laneway and park in yard beside shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 google girl

thanks castor thats great, i know where that is. what do they charge for repairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Isn't there a big Triathlon/ bike shop at the traffic lights on the Gort road ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭castor 1

thanks castor thats great, i know where that is. what do they charge for repairs?

Depends what needs doing.
    Ask for a price first.
    Have used them a few times and found them reasonable.

Redjeep! wrote: »
    Isn't there a big Triathlon/ bike shop at the traffic lights on the Gort road ?
    there is but thought it was more sales than repair, but thanks i could always try there if the other place can't, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭paulieb2006

there is but thought it was more sales than repair, but thanks i could always try there if the other place can't, thanks :)

Go to Mark in TriBikes (where Chartbusters was). Does all sorts of repairs to all sorts of bikes. Will prob have it ready for you in a half hour or so. Good service and locally owned. Mark is also on Boards.ie
    Paulieb

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mark19184

We do repairs also. Thanks for the plug Paul!!!

Drop the bike in tomorrow Google Girl and we'll do it. Price for the job will be €5.

thanks i will! :). would you be able to put new stabilisers on it for me too? there were some on it but i took them off as they were bent from the bike being put on its side, any child that got on it veered off to the left!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mark19184

No bother. See you tomorrow. Our stabilizers are €10 so the the whole Job will be €15 and I'll do it while you wait. It could be much easier to mind the child if there just cycling around in a circle all the time! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 peteg1970

I needed new tyres and tubes, and a wheel truing for my road bike. I'm in Loughrea and thought I was in for a long drive. Found this thread and nipped down to Tribikes. Got good quality tyres and tubes I wanted without suffering unnecessary sales talk, just honest advice. And my wheel was trued perfectly and ready that afternoon with honest advice about the life left in the bearings.
    I was very impressed with the excellent service and delighted to get my bike back on the road the same afternoon. Thanks a million to Mark and the other guys at Tribikes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement