Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duathlon Ballinrobe

Options
  • 23-02-2011 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Duathlon Ballinrobe is being held on Saturday March 5th. More details available here.

4k run-20k cycle-4k run. Should be a good event and good value at €10.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Good stuff, look forward to being there...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Fitzilicious

Great value....hope to make it!
    Is it just entry on the day....can't see anything about online entry mentioned....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Great value....hope to make it!
    Is it just entry on the day....can't see anything about online entry mentioned....
    No online entry. Register the morning of the event. Registration opens at 8:30am

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

pgibbo wrote: »
    Should be a good event and good value at €10.

I plan on being there. Its a steal at €10.

As its organised by a Tri Club, would non Tri Ireland members have to get a one day license for it or is it just open to everyone?

Anyone know what the cycle course is like?

CKWPORT wrote: »
    I plan on being there. Its a steal at €10.

As its organised by a Tri Club, would non Tri Ireland members have to get a one day license for it or is it just open to everyone?

Anyone know what the cycle course is like?

It;s actaully a "training event" targetted at attracting people to the sport and club. Hence no TI 1 day required. There will be a form to sign - I don't know the details but no 1 day required.

The cycle route is nice and rolling. No real hills. Road surface was decent too the last time I cycled the route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

It;s actaully a "training event" targetted at attracting people to the sport and club. Hence no TI 1 day required. There will be a form to sign - I don't know the details but no 1 day required.

The cycle route is nice and rolling. No real hills. Road surface was decent too the last time I cycled the route.

+1 max height gained is 46m asl.
    We used to cycle the route to the lake in my youth. Many a day it was 3 to a bike on the bar,saddle and the carrier:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Might get to that yet Gibbo if I am allowed. ;)

pgibbo,
    is this part of the TriLakes/Predator series?

ronanmac wrote: »
    pgibbo,
    is this part of the TriLakes/Predator series?

Hi Ronan. This is not part of the series. It's a seperate event.

Hi Ronan. This is not part of the series. It's a seperate event.

Grand stuff. I'll be there, if only to reciprocate the attendence at the TríSpórt duathlon of one P. Marrey! (now, if only his win could be reciprocated!)

• Advertisement

Any course maps available for the event yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I had planned to do this as my first event of 2011. However after a week of skiing, weight gained and a few niggles I am now in doubt. I am trying to convince myself however that the race will give me the kick up the ass I need....so 95% sure I will be there.

I haven't seen any. I'm meeting Padraig tomorrow so I'll check with him then.

Cheers pgibbo, hopefully get a chance to drive the course before the sign on or the start.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I think we came in the road which you cycle out as part of the lap of the lake last year. If it is then its a good route. No major hills I THINK!

Most are going clips I think for this. I see though P Marrey was in clips. Gas the transition on the event on Sunday was a good bit slower for clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

yop wrote: »
    I think we came in the road which you cycle out as part of the lap of the lake last year. If it is then its a good route. No major hills I THINK!

Most are going clips I think for this. I see though P Marrey was in clips. Gas the transition on the event on Sunday was a good bit slower for clips.

Its not the same road.I

Your going out to Caher pier and back in x2 .
    Attached is Ballinrobe to the pier going out

Mat not be 100% accurate distance wise but will give you an idea

Here we go folks. All the details can be found here.

Padraig was saying that there should be a good turnout this weekend. I also heard that Ruaidhri Geraghty and Martin Grealish are racing too. Lets hope the weather stays as good as it has been so far this week. :cool:

My leg seems fine so I should be seeing you guys there on Sat morning. Planning to be there early enough. Looking forward to my first outing of 2011.

My leg seems fine so I should be seeing you guys there on Sat morning. Planning to be there early enough. Looking forward to my first outing of 2011.

And my legs are now frigged after a run last night so I wont be there tomorrow I'd say.

Will try get physio today and see what they say. Doubtful I will be there now though.

Anyways, Best of luck to everyone racing tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭elchupanebrey

I took part in both this and Carraroe last weekend and i must say i found last week a lot tougher(damn wind):). Two great events though, and this one was a snip at ten euro.

• Advertisement

I took part in both this and Carraroe last weekend and i must say i found last week a lot tougher(damn wind):). Two great events though, and this one was a snip at ten euro.

You were in the car last week so quite ur beee-utching ;)

Great event and for the price a steal. Great way to get a good training session and a gang of 140+ people out on a Saturday morning.

Well done again, could be an idea for a few clubs like this to organise an event every month or 2 months, with Westport, Cbar, Ballinrobe/tri, Swinford there would be good coverage;)
    Maybe buy a set of timing chips between all the clubs and charge 2 euro per participant if they wish to use them.

Any, great event, good to meet up with some more boardsie. ;)

Great race yesterday and a great way to open up the 2011 season. Beautiful weather, I was wearing my skins but it was too warm for them!

Well done to P Gibbo and all those who organised and helped out in what was a great event. It was kept nice and simple and great training. Thanks also to P for trying to sort me out for cycle shoes, I forgot my own (first race of the season and all) :o

Also nice to meet yop and ronanmac for the first time.

Great race yesterday and a great way to open up the 2011 season. Beautiful weather, I was wearing my skins but it was too warm for them!

Well done to P Gibbo and all those who organised and helped out in what was a great event. It was kept nice and simple and great training. Thanks also to P for trying to sort me out for cycle shoes, I forgot my own (first race of the season and all) :o

Also nice to meet yop and ronanmac for the first time.

Did you meet me??? :o

Yop....I mean yep! Just when you were leaving (I was bringing my bike out of transition), Ronanmac introduced us, I think you recognised me from college.

Glad you enjoyed the event guys.

All I did was show up on the day and help out. All credit goes to Padraig Marrey and his crew in Ballinrobe for pulling it together. Also, Marrey Bikes did a huge amount of work too and kindly sponsored the event.

Nice to catch up with a few boardsies too :cool:

Yop....I mean yep! Just when you were leaving (I was bringing my bike out of transition), Ronanmac introduced us, I think you recognised me from college.

That was me!

You met El D at the finish line talking to me. Obviously took more out of you than you thought! :P

All credit goes to Padraig Marrey and his crew in Ballinrobe for pulling it together. Also, Marrey Bikes did a huge amount of work too and kindly sponsored the event.

Made it to the event in the end anyways, despite the injury worries prior.

Ya it was a great event, pity there aren't more like it on every now and then, great training. For a tenner it was a steal. Well done to all involved.

And its always good to meet a few boardsies and put faces to the usernames.

Will there be pictures from the event up anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Fitzilicious

Great event alright, very well organised and great grub after!

There are some photos on the Tri Lakes facebook page!

• Advertisement

Will there be pictures from the event up anywhere?

Tri Lakes FB page as mentioned is the best place. I think Padraig will be adding more in the coming days.

Advertisement